Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Constant bleeding and trying to conceive
An_252211 posted:
Hello,

My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 3 years. We've gone to fertility Doctors and feels like we've tried everything. She's been put on clomid, She's had procedures done, we've done many many rounds of artificial insemination but it never worked. Sometimes they would tell us "everything looks amazing and this should be the month," but it would just end in disappointment.

I feel like its causing a rift in-between me and my wife. She feels like she doesn't want to keep track of things and it will happen if it happens. I can understand that but we also need to know when she is ovulating - if she is at all. Because now she is bleeding most of the month and its been going on like that for a while now.

So for a normal period is lasts a few days and then they ovulate a few days later and their next period is about 3 weeks later. Now this is all rough of course.... but for my wife it will be she stops bleeding for 1 day, spots for 3 or so, then is full on bleeding for 2 weeks, spots for a week, then full on bleeding for 2 more weeks, then 1 day off, Spots for a few, so on and so forth.

So literally there may be 1-2 days out of a month or two that she isn't bleeding. I feel like i should buy stock in tampons and pads. I tell her that when she isn't bleeding then we need to try but she doesn't tell me. I never make her feel like its her fault or anything that we aren't pregnant yet... she is my wife and I will always love and support her even if we can't. There are always other options. But I just ask that she tell me when she's not bleeding.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHY SHE MAY BE BLEEDING SO MUCH???? For one thing it worries me that she is bleeding so much!!! Dr's have pretty much given up on her and so she basically has given up too! But I can't give up... even if its just to get the bleeding under control because like I said, That doesn't sit well with me. I hope someone can help us in any way!

Anu06 responded:
Hey dear...

Your wife should use Female fertility supplements. These are helpfull to her.

CJP2009 replied to Anu06's response:
Do you mean things like clomid? We went through a lot of treatments of ovulation shots for her and artificial insemination. The doctors would tell us everything is looking good, this is the time, no doubts. Then sure enough... it wasn't the time.

Is there something else you would recommend?

xzsublime84zx replied to CJP2009's response:
Female fertility supplements are a joke if you have real problems. Dont listen to that person they are just trolling and advertising their products. Her bleeding so much as described is a major problem and if your doctor is disregarding it you NEED to get another doctor ASAP! Unless she is just frustrated and doesnt want to try and is lying about bleeding so you dont want to have sex? She should be more concerned. What have the Doctors said about it? What is the diagnosis?

consuella responded:
Appreciation to chief oduwa legba for the great help for making me pregnant today after 4years of barrenness and all the insult from my husbands family for not able to conceive and have a child for my lovely husband,i thought all hope was lost until i saw how a woman testify from Canada how chief oduwa legba help her get pregnant naturally with the contact email and i contact him for the same help.after chief oduwa legba help i got pregnant 31days later as he said that i will conceive after 31days exactly 31days i got pregnant and am here to testify and give him the glory for the great help and assistant he has rendered to my life,contact him via on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been here at WebMD since 2007, but I've been involved in social media and moderated communities online since 1994, so you know I just lov...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.