Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anybody out there?!
xzsublime84zx posted:
Wow. This board sure has died in the last few years!
I was on this board last almost 3 years ago. My then-husband and I were trying for two years with no success. We never had success, we ended up getting a divorce- only slightly to do with this, mostly to do with other bigger problems. Now three years later, and over 5 years off BCP, my current SO has dropped the bomb on me that he wants children. He knows only very little about my reproductive challenges. He knows I "can't get pregnant" as I put it to him when we got together and he told me he never wanted children (this was almost 3 years ago) so I came straight to this board because I know we will not be having any success any time soon. Granted, I have been purposely not having sex with him during my fertile times (after two years of charting, it just became second nature!!) so maybe we will get lucky or whatever but I seriously doubt it. I tried to have a talk with him about everything Ive gone through so far but all my emotions came back and we dropped it for the time being. He has said that it wouldn't kill him to not have children and that while he really wants them he would stay with me no matter what but I am feeling guilty like I will not be giving him the family he wants and deserves. It is definitely something to do with me. My ex had a "perfect" SA. I have had HSG, bloodwork, and more with no word on why. Everything seems "normal". I get Yeast Infections regularly with Bacterial vaginosis as well. I havent had one in about six months since getting treated and changing my diet completely so maybe with no problems on that front I might have a better chance? Anyway, for now, we aren't trying any more than just having sex whenever. Now is not really the best time anyway but let me tell you, after actively TTC for two years when it was the "right time" I really don't care if it is the "right time" or "best time" or not. I would take a BFP at any time! Especially looking around seeing all these losers getting knocked up left and right. Yes, five years after starting to TTC I STILL get a twinge of disgust every time an "undeserving" pg happens. Hoping maybe there are some of you out there lurking who might post a little more? This used to be such a tight-knit little group it is both sad (that no one really seems to be talking on here anymore) and happy (that the "old gals" aren't here and have moved on up!). Well good luck all you TTCers out there!

Northern_Girl responded:
I know plenty of couples who couldn't have children. Fortunately, when they split they were able to have children with their new SO.

There is still hope. Good luck and lots of baby dust your way

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (28), DH (37), DD (9) and SD (9), TTC one of our own together since 5/06. Diagnosed w/ PCOS and Annovulation in Oct '03. 10+ cycles w/ clomid. ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticons
Tips provided by Heather and Allison! Thanks ladies (Hope I don't screw this up!) Type in (without spaces) -- : cool : for : angry : ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.