Skip to content
PCOS TTC #2 Metformin
Ebeck025 posted:
Hi everyone! I just feel like giving up!!! I am 25 years old, and have one child already and want another badly! Been TTC 18 months
**Found out I had "mild PCOS" at the 12 month mark. I have a regular 34 day cycle though! Just found SOME follicles on ovaries, and high testosterone on blood test.
**Put me on Metformin, to lower testosterone n help out my eggs, BUT IT ISNT HELPING its been 6 months, come on now.
I'm just wondering If I should add Clomid, I'm just afraid that wont work either. I take pre natal vitamins daily, and workout when I can. Anyone go through something similar? Should I add that preseed stuff, Any tips or tricks, or vitamins or anything Else I should be adding or doing? I bought some OPKS theyre on their way. So I guess I'll start with that. Please let me know if metformin worked for you with or without clomid! I'm just sad is all.

nslack10 responded:
Hi there! I am 29 and I have PCOS. We already have a 2 yr old, which a combo of Clomid and Metfromin made him possible. When we started to try again I thought that this time would be easier because I already have a kid and that the dosages would be a lot less. I was very wrong. It has been almost a year now and still nothing. I was on Metformin and Clomid for several months and it didn't help, so they increased the Clomid dose (three time until they reached the max dose) and that still didn't work so they increased my Metfromin (which made me incredibly sick) and it still didn't help. Last month they took me off both of those and put me on Femara, I take it days 3-7 of my cycle. It is finally working, my last blood draw looked really good. I know that it is hard to have patience when trying to have kids, and it seems like the whole world can have a baby easier than you can, but hang in there. Since you were recently diagnosed it's going to take some trail and error to get the meds and the dose just right, which takes time. But there are a lot of option out there, you just need to talk to your doctor about which options are best for you. And remember the more you stress the more messed up you make your hormones. I try to look at it like this: We might not get pregnant tonight but the practice sure is a lot of fun!

consuella responded:
Appreciation to chief oduwa legba for the great help for making me pregnant today after 4years of barrenness and all the insult from my husbands family for not able to conceive and have a child for my lovely husband,i thought all hope was lost until i saw how a woman testify from Canada how chief oduwa legba help her get pregnant naturally with the contact email and i contact him for the same help.after chief oduwa legba help i got pregnant 31days later as he said that i will conceive after 31days exactly 31days i got pregnant and am here to testify and give him the glory for the great help and assistant he has rendered to my life,contact him via on facebook (Oduduwa Ajakaye)

Spotlight: Member Stories

DH(24) and I(22) have been together since Feb 2006-married October 2010. We have been TTC #1 since June 09. I have regular cycles and normal ovulation...More

Helpful Tips

Trying to conceive for 9 months
Hi, I'm new to this community. After reading some of the posts, I thought this may be a good place to get support as I struggle through ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.