Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My update APO 2yr old board
ariannasmommy1125 posted:
Here is the update on my doctor's appt yesterday. Not bad news, but not the best either.
I have PCOS so it is pretty much necessary for me to have either BCP or clomid/provera to have a regular cycle so TTC is kind of hard to begin with. I had early onset gestational diabetes with DD and ended up on insulin. I didn't get to see the doc who helped us when we were TTC Ari, but I did see the one who delivered her. I was hoping she would go ahead and give me my metformin, provera, clomid cocktail and we could get this show on the road. No such luck. She wants me to try the metformin for a little while to see if that regulates me & then move on to the clomid and provera. Metformin is a diabetes drug and her reasoning is that if we have my insulin resistance under control before I get pregnant then hopefully we will avoid the insulin and possible complications when I do get pregnant. I go back to see her in two weeks to get bloodwork results & see how I am doing on the metformin. She really didn't give me a timeline for how long we would just do the metformin, but I have to admit I'm really anxious to move on to the clomid. I totally understand her reasoning with my head, but my heart is just ready for another baby. She said she would give me the clomid now if I absolutely wanted it, but she recommended we wait a little while. She said if I was 36, then we would move ahead faster but since I am in her words "only 30" we have a little while. So it looks like this journey might take a little longer than I had hoped. I got really down about it last night and wondered if I should just be happy with DD and not try for anymore but in my heart I know I want at least one, maybe two more children. So that is where we are. I am kind of bummed about it, but I keep telling myself that at least we have a game plan now and she is willing to help us get pg. So, that's my update.

joellelewis responded:
Thanks for the update Amy! I hope that this increase in dosage helps you, and you are able to get PG really soon. I will be praying for you
Me (26) DH (29) On C19...first fertility appt with OB June 9th..Can't wait!!! www.joellelewis.blogspot.com http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ac702

ajbinpa responded:
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry it was a little disappointing as far as having to wait a few months, but hopefully the metformin will regulate you enough to do the trick! It would be great if you didn't have to do the whole cocktail Stay positive, I know it's hard to wait, but it will be so worth it!
Me (28) and DH (28) TTC 1 C12, C2 with clomid 50mg. 7 day LP w/o meds

Spotlight: Member Stories

Met my Husband four years ago. We were married last June. I went off my birth control (nuvaring) in June. We started trying toward the end of July. Ev...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.