Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Having trouble Conceving After IUD?
julz80 posted:
So, I had my first child in 2005 and decided to get a Mirena IUD in 2007. I had it removed in November 2010 because we wanted to try to have baby #2. Well, no such luck yet. Any one else having a problem getting pregnant after having an IUD? I got pregnant with my first child while on the pill and not trying, so I didn't think trying to have a baby would be so hard. Getting frustrated every month!

kelly091582 responded:
I am in the same boat as you are. I had my iud in 2007 and went to have it taken out and they couldnt find it,well they found it hanging out of tubes my obgyn had to remove it. So we have been trying since Nov2010. I went on clomid last month so I am waiting to see if my period comes or not. I am praying not.

softkiss replied to kelly091582's response:
Had mine in 2005, somehow got prego summer 2010, miscarried physical exam could not find IUD, after all health checks came back fine, we TTC for 13 months, during that time i went back for a pap test with a Different Doctor and they found the IUD! we had it removed then. We are now 3 months TTC hoping that the IUD was the only thing holding us back. I cant remember the type of IUD but it was the one that lasted 10 years.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Trying since November.....Trusting God has a plan. I am trying to not think about it but I just keep buying clothes and watching for signs of pregnanc...More

Helpful Tips

This made my day!
Ok ladies, I was doing a little lurking today while I should have been working and I found something that I thought would be helpful. If ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.