Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TCC for 6 months
An_240406 posted:
I am 31 years old. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for at least 6 months if not more. I have calculated all of my ovulation dates, but nothing is seeming to work at this point. Any other suggestions?
deliela999 responded:
I'm also 31 and we've been trying since January. What helped us so far is that I started using the ovulation tests at home. After about 3 months of using them and always having negatives I went for my annual exam and talked to my dr about it. I have a prescription for clomid to start with my next cycle. The ovulation tests are expensive, but I keep reminding myself that if we can afford a baby we can afford the tests. Normally the doctors don't want to discuss it until you've been trying for a year, but with the data from the tests on a calendar with info on my cycles my dr was ready to move along and not make me wait. Good luck!
Megpowergirl responded:
I am also 31, lol, but I have 1 ovary and the Doc said that after my surgery last year that I should be good to go. I have Endo.. but something that I have found to help is if you are not yet, start taking the prenatal vitamins.. I have currently missed my first period since my surgery and have been taking the prenatals for about 2 months now.. so I am crossing my fingers and gonna test in a couple of days ... but not getting my hopes up too high... I hate the let down.
Daniela_33 responded:
Hi! I was wondering if you have any update. I've been TCC for 6 months and I'm getting very upset about the whole situation. I see that your posts are 8 months old now, so hopefully you have some news that will give me hope!

Spotlight: Member Stories

We are trying to conceive our 1st child.

Helpful Tips

This made my day!
Ok ladies, I was doing a little lurking today while I should have been working and I found something that I thought would be helpful. If ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.