Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TCC for 6 months
An_240406 posted:
I am 31 years old. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for at least 6 months if not more. I have calculated all of my ovulation dates, but nothing is seeming to work at this point. Any other suggestions?

deliela999 responded:
I'm also 31 and we've been trying since January. What helped us so far is that I started using the ovulation tests at home. After about 3 months of using them and always having negatives I went for my annual exam and talked to my dr about it. I have a prescription for clomid to start with my next cycle. The ovulation tests are expensive, but I keep reminding myself that if we can afford a baby we can afford the tests. Normally the doctors don't want to discuss it until you've been trying for a year, but with the data from the tests on a calendar with info on my cycles my dr was ready to move along and not make me wait. Good luck!

Megpowergirl responded:
I am also 31, lol, but I have 1 ovary and the Doc said that after my surgery last year that I should be good to go. I have Endo.. but something that I have found to help is if you are not yet, start taking the prenatal vitamins.. I have currently missed my first period since my surgery and have been taking the prenatals for about 2 months now.. so I am crossing my fingers and gonna test in a couple of days ... but not getting my hopes up too high... I hate the let down.

Daniela_33 responded:
Hi! I was wondering if you have any update. I've been TCC for 6 months and I'm getting very upset about the whole situation. I see that your posts are 8 months old now, so hopefully you have some news that will give me hope!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I conceived DS Christopher in May 2006 and weren't trying. We went off protection for 2 or 3 nights and that was all it took! He wa...More

Helpful Tips

This made my day!
Ok ladies, I was doing a little lurking today while I should have been working and I found something that I thought would be helpful. If ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful