Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
It's been almost 7 months now.
klingswifey posted:
I'm a young mother to one beautiful little boy born in August of 09. My fiance and I have been having unprotected sex since April of this year, and still nothing. He's got one daughter himself so I know he's not infertile. And I don't think I could be since I have one son. Since I've been with him my period has been normal...though when we moved to Ft Hood and he left for school for almost 2 months I didn't have my period...maybe it was caused by the stress of being alone in a new state I knew nothing about? Anyway, we're still trying...but I don't understand why it hasn't happened yet. I admit I'm not the healthiest or the skinniest...never have been...but he's very healthy....I wonder if the size of the man matters? Just taking a shot in the dark here...but does it matter how deep the man is in when he cums?? I also heard that it may be harder to conceive if a man goes down on you because of the saliva and female juices that make it difficult for sperm to go very far...we both want a baby so bad...but it just seems like it's not going to happen for us any time soon and we want to have one before the time gap gets too big.

mochabanana responded:
Dear Klingswifey,

I would say that your stressing too much. Sometimes it just takes a while. It sounds like you both are fertile people, and unless something has happened to affect fertility since you both have had your children, then it is probably not a matter of infertility. Have you tried any kind of tracking? Basal temping? Ovulation test? Cervical mucus tracking? Keeping track of the position and feel of your cervix? If not, that may be a good place to start. It does take a bit of effort but knowing when you ovulate is a good way to maximize the potential for getting pregnant.

As far as the size of a man I'm not sure that really has too much of an impact. Obviously if he is bigger then he can get deeper, however as long as his little guys swim that is all that matters. You can try positions that allow for deeper penetration if you feel like maybe your fiance isn't getting deep enough. I never heard about the saliva thing and have actually been told that it acts as a natural lube (which is good because many of the store bought lubes do slow or kill the sperm). But if you think it could be causing an issue then maybe avoid it during the time directly before and during ovulation.

Also you mentioned missing your period after you moved, which could very well have been caused by stress. But also depending on where you moved from, it could be caused by an elevation change.

All and all I would say just relax. My hubby and I tried like crazy and nothing and then he deployed and came home on mid-tour leave and despite the fact that I wasn't even set to ovulate until 4 days after he left, I got pregnant. But since we lost the babies and he came home for good we have been trying for 5 months and nothing. It just seems like it will happen when it wants and not a moment sooner. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27), DH (28) TTC #2 since 12/09. I have one DD(4 in August) and one Stepson(5 in July). On my first round of Metformin. Provera, Clomid! Hoping th...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.