Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
About to start month 7
danawarsh posted:
Hello!

I am new to this group and thought to share my frustrations (that's what this is here for, right!?). My husband and I started trying for a baby since June of this year with no luck. I am 27 and my husband is 28 and we thought we would have no issues with conceiving given our ages and generally healthy lifestyle. But, obviously, it has been an issue. We have tried pretty much every trick under the sun: a conception vacation, ovulation tests, different positions, laying different ways for 15 minutes after, etc, etc, etc. We are starting to get so frustrated. I cannot stop thinking about it and I feel so defeated. Trying for a baby was not supposed to be so difficult and draining. I sometimes can't help but cry. I have spent generally the last 10 years of my life trying not to get pregnant, and, here we are. It is just so frustrating. Even our sex life- which we thought would be booming with baby making- has become just a series of motions with just one goal in mind.
My husband has been so supportive of the process and he generally feels bad about the situation we are in. We just don't know which way to turn to next. I did see my doctor a couple of months ago but he doesn't want to start me on any ovulation medications until January. My husband and I were thinking about trying acupuncture but it just seems so expensive.
I do try to keep in mind that God has a plan for me and there is a reason why it hasn't happened yet, although I might not see it. I do believe God has a path for us and I need to trust in that.
Anyway...I am glad to have found this group. Just a supportive outlet is helpful. All of my friends that have children either didn't have to try long before becoming pregnant or became pregnant by accident.
...Does anyone have any good pointers on baby making that I may not know yet?

An_241353 responded:
Hello and welcome. I know it sucks that it's taking so long, but you have found a great place to let out your frustrations and find other women who share the same thoughts and feelings.

My hubby and I got pregnant in February, lost the babies in April, and have been trying again since July. So I can understand how frustrating it can be month after month.

It sounds like you are already doing quite a bit to increase your chances, and I'm not sure what I could recommend. Personally I do the following: temping (BBT before getting out of bed in the morning), opk's, tracking cervical mucus and cervical position, laying in bed for 20 to 30 min following sex, taking prenatal vitamins, and I am drinking a TTC fertility tea 3 times a day. I am also doing all I can to reduce stress.

My doctor has pretty much said the same thing about wanting to wait to see us for any fertility testing or treatment. And I understand that they want people to exhaust trying to do it naturally before they step in.

I would suggest if you are getting very frustrated to take the rest of November and December off. Stop focusing and stressing about making a baby and just relax and enjoy being with your husband. I know earlier this year when I got pregnant that's basically what we had done. Once we stopped trying so hard it took a lot of the stress away and it happened. I'm honestly thinking if I'm not pregnant this cycle that we might take some time off.

But just remember to stay positive. You are right that God has a plan and he will give you a baby when the time is right. It was 9 months from the time we got married to the time we got pregnant, and now its been 7 months since we lost the babies. But I have faith that it will happen again, and in the mean time I'm just being patient.

Know also that you have other women here who are supportive and understanding of what your going through.

att76 responded:
Your story sounds so familiar!!! I was on BC for 15 years trying not to get pregnant and now 13 months later still am waiting for my baby!! I know how frustrated you can get. I think everyone on here goes through that process. It almost feels like there are steps to the process Step 1: excitement Step 2: Anxiety Step 3: worry Step 4: anger Step 5 frustration!

It sounds like you are doing a lot of good things and I think An_241353 gave some good ideas from what she does.

I believe everything happens for a reason and there is a reason for everything! There are reasons that the women on here are not pregnant at this time and when HE wants us to have a baby he will let us!

good luck and keep us posted.

danawarsh replied to att76's response:
Thank you both for the feedback and the support. I think this month we are going to try to be more laid back and (hopefully) not think about it too much. I had been trying to be more laid back in the last couple of months and my husband and I even had this discussion two weekends ago--that it will happen when it happens, etc, etc, etc... but...when I got my period last week I lost it and had a complete break down. But-- this month....going to make more of an effort to control my thoughts!

Thank you again for your support and understanding. This helps tremendously. However I am sorry that both of you (and everyone on this page) have been going through the same situation and feelings that I have---- this all down right sucks.

Anyway... good luck and keep me posted on the two of you as well!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Story..... Well i've been with my husband for 9 years but recently got married this past year. We've been wanting a baby for some time no...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.