Skip to content
6months and no luck
LuckyRay posted:
My husband and i have been trying to conceive for 6 months now and we aren't having any luck at all. My Doctor want see me until it has been a year she also says that since i am 20 i want have any problems. But i am to the point that seeing or hearing about people being pregnant or just having a baby makes me very emotional. I have tried everything and everyway to conceive and I am starting to believe I never will. Does anyone have any advice?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

krisselou responded:
I am in the exact same boat that you are....I want to be happy for my friends and family who are getting pregnant but its so hard. All I can say is keep tracking your ovulation and try not to stress ( I know easier said than done). And on the bright side if nothing happens in 6 months we can go see our doctors!
Keep trying and sending lots of baby dust your way!

LuckyRay replied to krisselou's response:
Thank you so much! It is nice to hear from other people who are in the same boat as I am.

ATT76 responded:
I think a lot of the woman on here feel the exact same way you do. My husband and I have been TTC for 13 months. I have done 3 rounds of clomid and nothing!!!! It is very frustrating when you hear of ANOTHER woman who got pregnant and "they are so surprised they got pregnant almost without trying". REALLY!!!! I wish all I needed to do was rub my husbands clothes and POOF got pregnant! I know the woman on these communities understand what I mean. I don't want to slight anyone who gets their BFP. I am talking about the people we all know what have gotten pregnant in the last little bit of time. Okay...sorry for the ramble!!!!

Anyway, I was going to tell you about a website that sells natural fertility supplements. www.fairhavenhealth.com
I have not tried any of these because you can't use them while on clomid, but other people on these communites have tried them with success. If you feel uncomfortable starting them, make sure you talk to your doctor about the potential it might have (that sounded like a drug commercial!). anyway, good luck let me know how it turns out.

sorry for going off and sounding like a b****!

Baby dust!!

krisselou replied to ATT76's response:
Thank you ATT76 for telling it like it is!! It would be so nice just to be able to kiss my husband and bamm im pregnant! Im getting so sick of the...."we really weren't even trying" or "I just got off bc last month"!
How long after TTC did you start clomid? I talked to my doc the other day and she said that it most likely the first thing she will start me on. I have read some of the side affects and it makes me a little nervous, but I know everyone is different. I checked into the website you gave above but I am already taking a prenatal so I think I am going to hold off a bit.
Any help you can give would be great!!

Baby Dust!!!

ATT76 replied to krisselou's response:
No problem! I am the type of person that just can be blunt sometimes! My husband doesn't necessarily like it all the time, but sometimes people just need to hear the truth!

I started with clomid after 11 months of trying. I had some of the side effects, but not all the same side effects each month. Does that make sense? Every month I had the hot flashes! I also have had some cramping, headaches, vision blurry, and soemtime just an icky feeling. Now like I said not all of these necessarily the same months. Each month was different.

This month I have started the IUI process. I am taking clomid right now and go in on the 12th for an u/s. They will give me a shot to make me ovulate and go in on the 14th for the actual IUI. I am a little nervous, but have talked to a couple of people on these communities that have gone through it and said it was a breeze! Some cramping, but everyone is different!

Where are you in your journey?

Good Luck with the IUI process! Keep me posted! Hopefully you will get that BFP soon!! Were you on any type of bc before you starting ttc?

My journey where to begin (haha).....
I have been on and off bc for about 5 years now. AF is a pain the the booty....she is very irregular and has been that way since I can remember. Trying to figure out when I ovulate has not been an easy task and it seems to change month to month. Hubby and I tried for about 4-6 months a year and a half ago but nothing happened and timing wasnt right, about half way through we were in the middle a move and I knew that we were both stressed out beyond! Then we starting trying again going on 7 months now.

It's so hard not to get anxious when my friends/family are getting pregnant one right after another it seems!

Thanks for the support with the IUI! I am hoping for the BFP!!

When my DH and I started trying 14 months ago, I had been on BC since I was a senior in high school so roughly 15-16 years! Never went off that entire time, switched BC but didn't completely go off! I have always gotten AF! There has never been a time when AF didn't show! So I never really thought I would have much trouble, or at least the amount of trouble I am having. In the beginning I was not going to do the OPKs until maybe 6 months into trying. Yeah, that worked for the first couple of months. i think by month 3 I had bought the OPKs and was using them! It has been a long, stressful, devestating journey! My husband just keeps saying "we will just keep trying, it will happen"! I just don't think as much as we love our husbands that they fully grasp how much this takes out of soemone!

Okay...now I have rambled! Sorry!

Let me know how things are with you! I will keep you posted about the IUI!

I agree about the husbands. They just don't fully understand what whats going on and how this process affects us as women, more so you than me.

The first time my DH and I started ttc we didnt use the OPK but this time around we are....starting using it at month 3 and its been somewhat helpful. AF has a mind of her own though, it seems like I alternate between OPK and pregnancy tests.
Eventually we will both get the BFP!!

I am thankful that I can come on here and vent, whin, complain, and other woman know how I am feeling! I think that helps with some of the disappointment. Even though the people on here aren't within an arms reach to support you, it is comforting to know that other woman may be feeling the exact same way...I am not alone!

Hope we get our BFPs!!!

CMM1023 replied to ATT76's response:
I feel the same way! It only took my sister one try with each of her pregnancies to become pregnant... same as my sister in law and its like every where i go i see pregnant women or women who already have babies and i get envious but here i am... i got married ... finished school... bought a house and did everything the right way but still TTC with no luck Ive been with my husband for 9 years but just recently got married.. but i cant help to feel so emotional at times especially when im around my friends and they have their kids or walking through a store and pass baby clothes.. and it doesnt help when my mom tells us she cant wait for our baby ugh... Every month for the past 7 months i cant help but cry when i see my AF....

So i started fertilaid on monday and read a lot of good reviews on it from fairhavenhealth soooo hopefully this month is my month i should ovulate on the12th sooo ima just try to stay positive

ATT76 replied to CMM1023's response:
Staying positive is all we have control of!!! We can't make our bodies do what we desprately want them to do! It is very frustrating!

I have been with my husband for 19 years, but am only married 8 years. I was 27 when we got married and thought we would wait a few years before starting to try. Well a few years turned into a few more and now I am 35 and have been trying for 14 months now. I can't say I wish I would have started sooner because my husband and I have had some great time together, but hind sight really makes you think!

I have heard some good reviews about the fertilaid also. I know some woman on these communities have used it and gotten their BFPs, so good luck. I cannot right now start something like that. I have been doing clomid and you can't use it with fertility drugs.

Well good luck and we can stay positive together!!!

BABY DUST!

Agreed!! All 3 of us just need to stay positive and relax. It really helps gets things out in the open and being able to talk to people about this kind of stuff...love my DH to death but its just so much easier to talk to women!!

I have been using the OPK and I got positives yesterday and today (todays line was even darker than yesterday) we were active the 5th and the 7th and now knowing that I got the positive today he will most likely be getting a surprise tonight
Do you think that is enough to possibly get the BFP? I think im just so excited that I ovulated this month Im thinking to far ahead and to much into things!

CMM1023 replied to krisselou's response:
I think its enough to get a positive result back considering that your doing it on your ovulation week.. i should ovulate on the 12th from what the calender says but ima have my husband get me a OPK this weekend so i can pin point it exactly... we also got a drs appt tomorrow to get his semen results again...so hopefully its high this time.. it makes me excited to get the results like 2 days before i ovulate!

@ATT76- Has the clomid helped you at all? I know you cant take both fertilaid and clomid at the same time thats why i decided to go ahead and try fertilaid for at least 3 months before consulting my doctor about clomid. So my fingers are crossed that the fertilaid actually works.

If I was you, I would BD tonight And tomorrow night. They say you should ovulate 24-36/48 hours after you get that positive line. The information out there says to BD both nights. Hey, might as well go 3-3 and go tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday!!

Do you have problems ovulating?

I agree about talking to your husbands. I love mine to death too, but he isn't a woman. The women on here can relate to you no matter how long you have been trying! That is the thing I like most about these communities. It doesn't matter if you have been trying for 1 month or 4 years, it doesn't get any easier and it sure helps to have someone who can relate with you and give you support when you need it! Wow that was deep!!!

Anyway, good luck!!! Have fun!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27), DH (28) TTC #2 since 12/09. I have one DD(4 in August) and one Stepson(5 in July). On my first round of Metformin. Provera, Clomid! Hoping th...More

Helpful Tips

try this website http://www.naturacure.net/
my friend said this really works http://www.naturacure.net/ More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.