Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Almost 10 months of trying, really in need of support
caylalynn posted:
I had my mirena removed feb 14th 2011, after it was removed i had 3 normal cycles then AF stopped coming in August i took progesterone to kick start AF then it came and disappeared till Nov 15th, 2011. Now i think i am ovulating i took to ovu tests and had faint lines. Today i have a white and clearish mucousy odorless discharge, would this be a sign of ovulating? if i do not get preg this month the dr wants try clomid, Has anyone had anyluck with clomid? if clomid does not work he said we would do egg retrieval, what does this mean he is wanting to do?

BeckyWI responded:
Most doctors will try clomid as a starting point. I used it for 3 months and it is less likely to work the longer you are on it. If it doesn't work in the 1st 3 months, talk to your doctor about other options. It didn't work for me, but they didn't know the cause of my infertility. I went on femara after clomid and I got pregnant after about 7 months. We tried Intra Uteran Insemination. It was cheaper than Invetro Insemination. You should ask about this. Instead of removing your egg and fertilizing it before putting it back in you, they basically put a cathiter in you and inject the semen directly to where it needs to go during ovulation. The hardest part is the waiting! These treatments can get really expensive so you don't want to rush into invitro before you've given the pills a chance to work (unless you're not worried about the cost).

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25, husband is 28. we have known each other for at least 8 years now, together 3.5 years. We got married June 2010 and started trying right away ...More

Helpful Tips

This made my day!
Ok ladies, I was doing a little lurking today while I should have been working and I found something that I thought would be helpful. If ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.