Skip to content
prenatel vitamems
lindseymk posted:
Does anyone know of any easy-to-swallow prenatel vitamens?? The ones I was taking are now $50 a month. Too expensive for me since I am not evem pregnant. I've thought about getting some over the counter but not sure if those would still give me all the nutrients I would need...? I found Prenatel Plus vitamens on the internet - for a 2month supply its only $17.00! They seem to have all the nessecary nutrients. Anyone have any suggestions??

ATT76 responded:
My doctor told me the over the counter prenatals are just as good as the precription ones. He said the only difference was the over the counter ones only have like 800 mcg instead of 1000 of the folic acid, so he suggested taking an extra folic acid vitamin that would give me the extra 200. He also told me there are some that have DHA with them and to take that also. Hope that helps!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Jess and DH and I have been TTC #1 since May 2009. I had a very early MC in September. We're crossing our fingers and toes for a st...More

Helpful Tips

This made my day!
Ok ladies, I was doing a little lurking today while I should have been working and I found something that I thought would be helpful. If ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.