Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TTC, stomach aches, afraid there may be bigger issue
sophia345 posted:
Hello - My name is Sophia and I have been married for a little over a year. My husband and I have been TTC for the past 6 months and nothing I've also been having some strange symptoms for about 3 months or so and was hoping maybe someone else has experienced this or may have an idea of what it could be. I've always had bad menstrual cramps and have a prescription for a high dose of naproxen which typically helps. For the past 3 months, right at the 2 week mark, I start to feel a dull ache right in the middle of my lower abdomen. It's generally very dull and some days it's worse than others. Then there will be a day that it's gone but back again the next. This lasts for the next 2-3 weeks until I get my period (I seem to range from a 28-32 day cycle). The day of my period the pain is more extreme and right after the first day the pain is entirely gone for the next 2 weeks until it starts up again. I've read this could be ovulation pain however it seems that should only last for a day or two max. Also, I used those ovulation predictors for the first time this month and it showed no sign of ovulation at all, I took it for 20 days straight I went to the gyno last month just for a general check up. I did not tell him about all of this though as when I went I did not have the pain and was hoping it would not come back and be a non issue. He did take blood tests and said they all came back normal. I'm going to make an appointment for this month (just got my period) and want to wait until the pain is back in the hopes he may find something and be able to diagnose me. I'm really freaking out and I know that can't be helping the situation but it's so hard to relax. Any thoughts on this would be so greatly appreciated!! Want a baby so badly and scared I may not be able to. Thank you in advance!

CH2012 responded:
I know this is easier to say than do, but try not to stress too much. It's can't be good for you. There's sure to be an explanation about what's going on. Be open with your doctor and let him know everything. And remember, you can always get a second opinion if you feel you need one.

I was having horrible pains in my abdomen back in August. I was very worried. A visit to the doctor told me I have irritable bowels. She suggested taking a probiotic everyday and some slight modifications to my diet. I still have pain from time to time, but nothing like before. So, it might not even be a reproductive issue. I think it's easy to forget there's other equipment in that area when try to have a baby.

I am also scared about not being able to have a baby (we've been trying for 8 months) It's a horrible feeling. But at least you know you're not alone in your thoughts or trials.

Take care.

sophia345 replied to CH2012's response:
Thanks so much for your response. It's so helpful to know there are communities like this to let you know you're not alone.

You're absolutely right about forgetting there's other equipment...lol. Now that I'm ttc of course it seems that everything is related to reproductive issues. The mind is a powerful thing!

I did consider other things like IBS (I've even looked up things on crohn's and colitis) and I've thought of possible allergies, lactose intolerance, etc. I should really stop looking everything up online and trying to self diagnose and just see my dr!

The main reason I'm thinking reproductive is that it seems to happen like clockwork and seems to have nothing to do with my diet. Around 2 weeks before my period is when these cramps begin and they are gone right after my period. Right now they are gone so my spirits are much higher. These cramps are really putting a damper on things and bring me down after 2 weeks straight! If all goes accordingly, they should start up again in about a week. I've already made a dr. appointment for Feb 7th so I will be telling him everything!

I know dr's say it could take perfectly healthy couples up to a year to conceive. The waiting game is a bit painful though I've also of course just found out about 3 friends who are pregnant in a matter of 6 months (one of them tried for a year so that made me feel better!). But it's tough. I have to think with all of the medical advances there are today that even if we need a little extra help, it will happen eventually! Trying to stay positive Good luck and baby dust to us both!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Martha Stewart Bedding is where to find tips for choosing the right sheets for you.

Helpful Tips

try this website http://www.naturacure.net/
my friend said this really works http://www.naturacure.net/ More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.