Skip to content
TTC for 8 months
CH2012 posted:
After yet another negative pregnancy test, I'm am looking for other women to talk to. My husband and I have been ttc since June 2011. I stopped taking birth control that month (after having taken it constantly for 13 years). Since then I have only been able to get a positive ovulation test for 3 months (Sept, Oct, Nov). I am beginning to wonder if I actually even ovulate every month. Cycles have stabilized in last three months at 28 days (same as when I was on birth control). But I start spotting 8 days out, something that never happened before. I saw my Dr. in October and she said to come back in May if we weren't successful. At that same appointment, I had my first ever abnormal Pap Smear. However, a further biopsy indicated everything was ok. I'm 30, my husband is 35. We're both in good shape, don't smoke, etc. I don't know what's going on. But it seems like everyone is having babies and it makes me so sad each month when I start my period. Am I just not being patient enough? Should I go see the Dr. before May?

amj2188 responded:
they say it takes around a year to concieve. thats why they say come back in may. ive been trying for a while but since ive gotten of the bc i never have a regular period. normal period in sept nothing in oct two days in nov now nothing in dec or yet in jan. i just dkl. i feel the same way everyone else getting pregnant after one time this is crazy. but be patient they say it happens when u quit tryin but obviously they never had to do that cuz u dont just quit.

CH2012 replied to amj2188's response:
LOL. Completly agree with your last sentence. I have never been known for patience in any aspect of my life. My husband had a physical yesterday and the doctor agreed to send him for a sperm count. We don't think anything is wrong, I guess it's just more piece of mind for us.

Maybe your body just needs more time to adjust to no birth control. Have you tried any ovulation tests to see if you're ovulating at all?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Martha Stewart Bedding is where to find tips for choosing the right sheets for you.

Helpful Tips

try this website http://www.naturacure.net/
my friend said this really works http://www.naturacure.net/ More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.