Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What's wrong with me?
whenwilliteverhappen posted:
I'm on month #6 ttc and the last 2 months when i take the ovulation test it shows positive and then a few days later it shows positive again. what does this mean??

jhetsmom responded:
It means the you have a few LH surges during your cycle. There have been studies showing a women's egg develop in spurts. LH is what causes the follicles to develop. They may rise a few time during your cycle. This allows the follicles to grow and pause. Once a dominant follicle is established, you will get a "true positive". By that I mean the OPK positive line will be darker the the control line. Until it reaches that level, you aren't actually ovulating. The LH needs to be at a certain level before the ovary releases the egg for fertilization. I hope this helps. and Baby Dust

whenwilliteverhappen replied to jhetsmom's response:
usually use the test that has a circle or a smiley face on it so i don't know about the lines. So do suggest i use the other ones with the lines? thanks @jhetsmom for your help

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25, husband is 28. we have known each other for at least 8 years now, together 3.5 years. We got married June 2010 and started trying right away ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful