Skip to content
Graduating from JSO.
jhetsmom posted:
Well I have been TTC since June 2011. I thought it would happen by now but it hasn't so I decided to move from the JSO board to here. My cycles were regular 28 days when we first started, and now they have moved to 30-31 days. Not sure what to think about that. Kind of frustrating cause it makes me feel like when I am a few days late that it might be the month and then after I test and AF shows. I'm not sure where to go from here to be honest. Has anyone else experienced this, any suggestions on what to do? I think I may try OPK's this month. Gonna try some Vitex supplements and see if the regulates me.
I had an unplanned pregnancy in 09 and I just figured that when we were ready for #2 it would just happen. I would love DS to have a sibling this year but Im not sure if thats going to happen.

mbwitz responded:
I'm in a similar situation, and it's frustrating, right? I started trying in July, and my cycles are now longer than they used to be (about 31 days). Actually, they vary, so I don't know when to take the tests. I just keep taking them and seeing negative results, which is of course depressing. On top of that, I keep thinking I have pregnancy symptoms ("yawn. I'm super tired! And I think my boobs hurt too!"). I happened to have a yearly appointment scheduled with my doctor and so I asked her about all of this. She was very optimistic, saying that timing is crucial, especially with less predictable cycles. She said that healthy cycles can be anywhere from 21-35 days, and as long as AF comes some time in that time frame, things are probably working normally. She wants me to try the ovulation predictor kits for 3 months (for a total of about 10 months of trying), and then if nothing happens, we can talk about other steps.
So, I feel like I get your frustration and worry, but if my doc is right, we may both be fine with better timing and help from the predictor kits. It's hard to concentrate on everything else in the meantime though!
Best of luck!

Jersey_mama responded:
I am in the same boat! I also had a surprise pregnancy in '09 so I though TTC the next one would be a piece of cake. I've been using the OPKs and I feel like they are making life more confusing and making me obsess more. I've been trying for 6 months now and no luck. My cycles range from 28-35 days, so I just BD from day 10-24 as much as possible because I never know what the cycle will be. Good luck! Keep me posted on whether the vitex supplements help you regulate. I'd be willing to try that.

broncoblondie replied to Jersey_mama's response:
heard about the vitex supplements too. i was confused though cuz it said do not take if pregnant. how do you take them while TTC but not risk taking if you happen to get pregnant? did your dr. say anything about that...

StefNelson responded:
Oh my gosh, you and I seem to be going through the same thing! I just started reading through this blog from the JSO boards. My husband and I had an unplanned pregnancy in '09 as well and I foolishly believed that when we were ready for baby #2 it would happen right away. Never did I think it would take us 6 months with still no . I also had an issue with my cycle changing days but it has now gone back to my regular 28 day cycle. Keep thinking positive thoughts, make trying fun and keep us updated! While my husband is incredibly supportive this type of discussion isn't his thing and so I find a lot of comfort in talking with people who are in the same boat as me.

Sending baby dust your way...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (27), DH (28) TTC #2 since 12/09. I have one DD(4 in August) and one Stepson(5 in July). On my first round of Metformin. Provera, Clomid! Hoping th...More

Helpful Tips

Looking for Tips on how to get around?
Be sure to check out the Community News Blog and the WebMD Welcome Exchange More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.