Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
It's been 7 months...
kimiri0481 posted:
Hello, I am new to this group. I thought I needed to get some outside support, other than from my family and close friends. Although, they are very helpful and supportive for the most part, I don't think I can stand to hear one more of them tell me to "calm down" "it'll happen" "relax" etc. I know it is probably the truth, but for me inside, I can't stand to hear those words.

To top it all off, 3 weeks ago we found out my younger sister is pregnant with her first child. I am happy for her, but it was a punch in the face for me and my husband. She wasn't planning on getting pregnant, it just happened.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent! I hope to meet some other women who are in my shoes.

Fabreezy responded:
I feel your pain...my younger sister got pregnant during me planning my wedding and was pregant in the wedding as well and she too wasn't trying...but I love lil Ally sooo much. After a while the small harsh feelings will go way and don't stress your child will be just as special as your sister's baby!

EArbo responded:
I just want to say I know how you feel. I'm new to this group, any group for that matter. I'm finally getting frustrated after 10 months of trying. My husband's sister got knocked up while we were engaged, then she got married quick so by the time our wedding came around she was 7 months pregnant. I feel like a horrible person for being angry, hurt, jealous....just about every emotion in the book. It is so frustrating for me because we've been talking about kids for years and started trying as soon as we were married....10 months later still no baby of our own. I keep telling myself "it will happen when it is supposed to." The only thing I can tell you is try some gentle yoga. It really makes me feel calm and relaxed...every bit of stress relief you can find while TTC helps.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Jess and DH and I have been TTC #1 since May 2009. I had a very early MC in September. We're crossing our fingers and toes for a st...More

Helpful Tips

This made my day!
Ok ladies, I was doing a little lurking today while I should have been working and I found something that I thought would be helpful. If ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.