Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TTC almost a year!
tjackson1016 posted:
My husband and I have been TTC for almost a year now. I'm 30 and the clock is ticking! We went to our Dr. yesterday and he prescribed Femara 2.5 mg. He said we'll try this for 3 months. If not pregnant after that, he said we'll test hubbies SC and check my tubes. Then if that doesn't work, 3 more months of Femara. I'm so worried. I never in a million years would have thought I would have to take meds to get pregnant. Just super nervous!

ajacks32 responded:
I sympathize with you, I never thought in a million years that I would have problems getting pregnant and would have to seek medication to get pregnant. It's a horrible feeling. It takes over all your thoughts and leaves you depressed, atleast for me it does. What exactly does Femara do? I am currently on Clomid (third round, 100mg) to help me ovulate. Just recently had an HCG done to check my tubes (all good) and before we went on Clomid, we had my husbands SA check (all good), so now this is a waiting game.

tjackson1016 replied to ajacks32's response:
Femara is actually a drug used for postmenopausal, breast cancer patients. My OBGYN told me it would help me to ovulate. A few years ago, my Dermatologist told me I have cystic rosacea ( a form of acne). He explained it is caused b/c I have too much testosterone in my system. I was just thinking that if I have too much testosterone in my system, would that mean my female horomones are all out of wack?? I didn't think about this while talking to my Dr. earlier this week, but if I'm not pregnant after this next cycle, I'll be speaking with him again. Having problems TTC causes you to think about a lot of causes that your normally wouldn't have considered.
I know what you mean about being depressed. I blame myself and that doesn't help anything. I need to keep faith that it will happen whenever it's suppose to and try not to worry so much.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Story..... Well i've been with my husband for 9 years but recently got married this past year. We've been wanting a baby for some time no...More

Helpful Tips

try this website http://www.naturacure.net/
my friend said this really works http://www.naturacure.net/ More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.