Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
7 months trying and ending up disappointed everytime
Lauren_Colburn12893 posted:
Me and my fiance have been trying for a baby for a little over 7 months now, almost 8. April 1st, would've been the start of my period but it has started four days early (today). I've done everything I could think of that could up my chances of fertility (quit smoking, started working out, been on a healthy diet, etc.) and still nothing. These past couple of months, my period has been coming earlier than usual and a lot more painful than what I'm used to having. This past period put me on the ground because I was in so much pain. I'm beginning to think that I am infertile or just can't carry. I don't know what it could be. Those are just my opinions. I can't go to any doctors to be checked at all because I don't have medical insurance. I just pray that I can have a baby and that I'm just timing it wrong or something, but I don't know how that can be when we have sex everyday.
I'm sorry I put so much on here, I'm just a little confused and disappointed about this situation and I had to vent.

Cara_LeAnn responded:
Lauren,
I feel like I could have posted this! This is exactly what my fiance and I are going through. I am sneaking up on 28 and I am terrified that I have waited too long to have a baby. I have always lived a healthy lifestyle but I kicked it up a notch when I decided to try to get pregnant. I even started taking pre-natal vitamins just to be as ready as possible when I do conceive! Haha We started with the ovulation tests and moved on to just having sex every day just to be sure. My periods started coming a day or two earlier and they have ALWAYS been right on schedule my whole life. They have progressively become worse and more painful each month and I thought it was in my head until I read your post! I cant go to the Dr either without paying out of pocket so I am waiting until I absolutely have no other choice to try that. I am on month 7 of trying EVERYTHING possible (you know caffeine 30 minutes before, pillow under my butt, every old wives tale in history And I can't understand how it is so easy for everyone else to get pregnant! Anyway reading your post made me feel not so alone, since ALL of my friends, sisters, and frenemies are pregnant or having babies I have a close relationship with God and I am not one to push that on anyone, but the only thing that keeps me from crying everytime my period comes is knowing that when God wants me to conceive, it will happen. I hope to hear that you are successful soon as I know trying so hard can be frustrating and depressing. If my prayers offend you then I will keep them to myself, but if not then they are there! Good luck to you, and I would LOVE to hear how it turns out for you, if you get pregnant soon I think it would give me hope!!
-Cara

ir3na responded:
Lauren,

I am sorry you are going through this, I see it has been a few months, hopefully you have had some good news since then.

I am entirely in the same exact situation... can't afford to see a doctor, tried every trick I read about, and nothing. Been trying for 7 and a half months. Hopefully something will change soon.

Thank you for sharing your story. Good luck to you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were married in June '08 and we began TTC in May '09 and haven't had any luck yet. Because I always have irregular cylces...More

Helpful Tips

This made my day!
Ok ladies, I was doing a little lurking today while I should have been working and I found something that I thought would be helpful. If ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful