Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stressing out! After stopping BC, my periods stopped! Its been 3 years!
juls2303 posted:
So 3 years ago I decided to stop taking the pill (I was on Yasemine), which right after I stopped I had two regular periods, but then I started having 6-9 month gaps in between my periods. I saw a doctor, and they said I should wait. Which I did, but it's been 3 years, and I still don't get my periods. I know I'm not pregnant either. I saw a gyn, and she couldn't really figure it out. Had a bunch of blood tests, and everything turned out normal.

For extra information, before BC I was very regular, I knew to the day when it would start.
-There was also no weight loss or weight gain.
- I'm 21, so it`s weird to be dealing with this stuff at such a young age.

It can't be normal that I don't get my periods, obviously something is wrong! And I don't want to go back on the pill! Does anybody know what could be wrong with me??? What should I do next???? Please help!

jamiemarshall33 responded:
Are you just that physically fit that you don't get them? A lot of women who are thin or really phycially fit do not get their periods. The pill could have just forced your body to have one when it didn't need too. Just my guess.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together from 6 years. We got married in June of 2010. We enjoy spending time with eachother and family. I found out I was ...More

Helpful Tips

Want to read "discussions" only?
Well that's easy too, on the left hand side you see many links one of them is "discussions", click on it and you'll only see the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.