Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A Rainbow's Promise
dani428 posted:
Just wanted to share something that has happened to me this week. As you all know, I've been a bit on the low side, finding it hard to remain positive. Well, I got a reminder that I wanted to share.

Every evening I take Russell, (our dog) for a walk in my favorite park. This week, every evening that we've gone for that walk, (Mon, Tues, Wed &Thurs, and now, Fri morning) we've started out with blue skies and puffy white clouds. About 10 mins into the walk, one small dark cloud pops up and drops about 10 mins of rain, a brief soaking shower amidst the blue skies and sunshine. The shower ends and a beautiful rainbow crosses the sky. This has happened every day this week. For me, it symbolizes God's promise, his promise to me that there will be dark clouds that pop up amidst the blue skies and sunshine of my life, but that the pain will be brief, and happiness will flood back in again.

So, right now, I'm holding tight to all of those rainbows I've seen this week, and I know that I can make it through my sadness and smile once again!!!

Everyone have a beautiful weekend, enjoy your friends and family!!!
Me39/DH44 3 missed m/c's, 12wks 12/08, 10wks 7/09, 9wks 5/10.  2 furbabies, Russell (Havanese puppy)and Turtles (cat).
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jedmonds12 responded:
Dani, that's a wonderful sentiment! I'm glad you're able to take comfort in the small signs around you and keep your spirits up. It's always nice to be reminded that "the sun also rises."
Julie (me) 26/DF 34. BFP 4/10, MC 5/10 (7 wks). Currently not trying, but not preventing. FF:http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2eea45

bethann88 responded:
That's beautiful, Dani!! It's good to be reminded from time to time to look at the big picture and not focus so much on the now. Thank you for sharing! And for the reminder to have faith and He will see you through the storm!
Beth Ann (28) DH (30) TTC since 1/09 lost my angel 5/11/09 at 10 weeks

Starla_94 responded:
AMEn!!! i'm nearly in tears!! thanks for Sharing that Dani
Christina - 1 D/S Oct-2003, 1 M/C April 2010, 1 M/C June 2010 (Twins) ~oOo~ currently TTC ~oOo~ come on BFP and sticky baby!! ~oOo~ http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bd667

cheyenne828 replied to Starla_94's response:
That is very, very sweet. I tend to move so quickly through life I never stop to appreciate these things. Will make me think.

Have a great weekend!
Pam 36, DH 37 ~ TTC 1 ~ BFP 5/29/09, MC 7/7/09 ~ BFP 12/14/09, early MC 12/20/09 ~ BFP 7/24/10, will be taking this one day at a time....

dani428 replied to cheyenne828's response:
Of course, those beautiful rainbows also helped me laugh and not be so upset at how soaking wet I got each and every time!!!
Me39/DH44 3 missed m/c's, 12wks 12/08, 10wks 7/09, 9wks 5/10. 2 furbabies, Russell (Havanese puppy)and Turtles (cat).

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm hoping those rainbows mean great things coming your way. Thanks so much for sharing!
Prayforamiracle-Me(35)Dh(42)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. Currently on Cycle 22.

ccjoy90 responded:
Dani, that was beautiful. It gave me shivers. Thank you for sharing. Thank God for the rainbows and the promises that they symbolize.
Me 38 DH 38 TTC since Jan 2007, only pregnancy resulted in the birth of Mayah Joy on 11/30/09, 20 weeks too early due to PPROM.

dani428 responded:
I'm bumping this up, cause I needed the reminder!!!! Hope noone minds.
Me39/DH44 3 missed m/c's, 12wks 12/08, 10wks 7/09, 9wks 5/10. 2 furbabies, Russell (Havanese puppy)and Turtles (cat).

Starla_94 replied to dani428's response:
BUMP away sweetie!~
Christina - 1 D/S Oct-2003, 1 M/C April 2010, 1 M/C June 2010 (Twins) ~oOo~ currently TTC ~oOo~ come on BFP and sticky baby!! ~oOo~ http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bd667

chickeedoodle responded:
WOW - what a great post. I'm glad you bumped it up so I was able to read it!!! I LOVE IT.
Carla, 40, DS born 5/2006, many IUI's - finally a BFP - then m/c 7/2010...more IUI's - all BFN's!! Started stims for IVF 8/9/10!

secondpreg responded:
WOW!!!! this touches home for me and my family.While DISCUSSING TTC our first child (coincincidently, my husbands grandma was dying...the same week MY HUSBAND promised his grandma ON HER DEATH BED, LITERALLY, in hospice and everything.....that he would do everything in his power to give her, her first great grand SON (keep in mind, my husband is her oldest grandchild and she had no great grand sons.). We tracked ovulation with the calendars and test strips, ect. NOT just for her but b/c we were ready and thought she'd help??..... Anyways, we tracked my most fertile days and had intercourse everyday, GET THIS... the day after my most fertile day (which we had sex) i walk outside to get something out of my car, and there, right b4 me, there was the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen. I have pics on my cell phone... 3 weeks leter, I was pregnant with a baby boy that we named after my husbands grandpa, Joseph, like my husband promised his Grandma, unfortunately...when TTC again, we miscarried 4/2/10 and have finally been able to try again, thur 8/12 (on my husbands bday and best fertilitiy day! intercourse DID occur!!) And on his way to work, he saw a gorgeous rainbow.....NO RAIN, just the rainbow. Check houstons forecast for the past 2 hell even 3 weeks.....NO RAIN. GOD BLESSES US WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT!! Hopefully I am carring our 2nd baby now.

dani428 replied to secondpreg's response:
That is an amazing story! Please let me know if that rainbow's promise has come true. . . . I need all the happy stories I can get right now.
Me39/DH44 3 missed m/c's, 12wks 12/08, 10wks 7/09, 9wks 5/10. 3 furbabies, Russell (Havanese puppy) Turtles (cat) and Perrin (cat).

Starla_94 replied to secondpreg's response:
WOW!! COngrats!!

PS. where in Houston are you? I'm NE side in the burbs
Christina - 1 D/S Oct-2003, 1 M/C April 2010, 1 M/C June 2010 (Twins) ~oOo~ BFP 8/15/2010 ~oOo~ stick baby stick!! ~oOo~ http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bd667

Starla_94 replied to dani428's response:
Dani i'll send you LOTS of Rainbow vibes
Christina - 1 D/S Oct-2003, 1 M/C April 2010, 1 M/C June 2010 (Twins) ~oOo~ BFP 8/15/2010 ~oOo~ stick baby stick!! ~oOo~ http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bd667

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had a miscarriage in 2007. I was four months along. It was a very devastating time for me and my boyfriend to go through. We got through it, we just...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.