Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Updates-August 23
Prayforamiracle posted:
My update: Waiting to ovulate CD#53. I know, I know I need to call the RE. I just know he will put me on Provera and I don't want to take it. You all probably remember the last time I tried to take it, I practically had panic attacks. Also, I know I don't need to waste anymore time. Done plenty of that. The problem is I have a couple weekend getaways planned in Sept, be gone Friday-Monday. I don't know if I should still give them a call and just work around those times or wait. I wonder if they are flexible that way or do they give you a hard time about it. Probably thinking if you want to have a chance at conceiving you should be willing to cancel anything and believe me I would. But, I really think I need these getaways. I'm having a hard time right now, but that is another post.
Pam-I know you travel a lot. Did you have any trouble with your RE working around your schedule?
Thanks for listening ladies!
Prayforamiracle-Me(35)Dh(42)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. Currently on Cycle 22.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

shanastash responded:
i know YOU already said it...but the ONLY way that you will find out if they are flexible would be to...call! :smile:

good luck! O VIBES O VIBES O VIBES!!!
Shana-27, Darrin-29, angel baby (fishie-14w5d) delivered on 10.10.09. Dx: MTHFR and FV Leiden. BFP 3.12.10 EDD 11.20.10 Rx: Lovenox 40 mg, baby asprin, 1000 mcg folic acid... AND PRAYERS!

Starla_94 responded:
Pray.. Hugs Girl!!! only you know whats right for you.. is there something other then Provera? and did the Provera work last time?

As for me.. i'm waiting for that call from the doc with my betas from Friday.... I"ll let you all know when i do!
Christina - 1 D/S Oct-2003, 1 M/C April 2010, 1 M/C June 2010 (Twins) ~oOo~ BFP 8/15/2010 ~oOo~ stick baby stick!! ~oOo~ http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bd667

alb7585 responded:
Not too much going on here. On CD I think 37 or 38 and am on prometrium. I hate it because it makes me soo dizzy I feel like I have been drinking and then I get the bed spins. I have an ultrasound of somesort scheduled next Friday morning with my RE and DF has another SA on Thursday.

GL this week everyone!

As for if your doc will work with your schedule... it depends. My gyno will, my RE wont. My RE expects me to have a period every 28 days or start prometrium. My OB is a little more flexable.

jedmonds12 replied to alb7585's response:
Oh Pray, that sucks :( I'm sorry. What is Provera and what does it do? Why did you have panic attacks last time? Isn't it awful that some side effects are worse than the original condition? Ugh.

My update: Having pretty insistent cramping. It's been off and on for a week but it's enough to bug me now. No bleeding or spotting, cervix feels closed, but still... I'm a worrier, what can I say?

Called the OB nurse and gave her the impression it's more painful on one side than the other... she's going to talk to the on-call OB (mine is on night-call now so she's not in the office?) and see what they want to do. Likely another beta, possibly followed by an u/s later in the week (since I'm only at 6 weeks today). Tomorrow is the nurse appt where they take the family history and DF decided he wanted to come, so that's nice :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Julie (26) DF (34). TTC 1. BFP 4/10, MC 5/10 (7 wks). BFP 8/9/10! Stick, baby, stick!

Starla_94 replied to jedmonds12's response:
Got Betas back.. they were 308 Friday early morning.. and i'm goin back today again for more!

I won't have a vien or blood left in me!!!

Julie like you i've been cramping alot however i think alot of it has to do wiht the fact i CAN"T GO THE BATHROOm! UGh.. lolol

anyway.. KUP!!!
Christina - 1 D/S Oct-2003, 1 M/C April 2010, 1 M/C June 2010 (Twins) ~oOo~ BFP 8/15/2010 ~oOo~ stick baby stick!! ~oOo~ http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bd667

ksay6306 responded:
I'm on CD 33 just waiting for AF to show. Not sure if I want to start trying again next C or wait one more before trying again. Other than that nothing is new. Still looking for a job and waiting for my unemployment to go through.

Good luck to everyone waiting to O or waiting to test. Also, best wishes to all you lovely ladies that have gotten your BFP lately!
Kristin (26) DH (29) TTC since 3/08 One furbaby: Bailey a 2 year old lab MC1 10/31 at 10 weeks, MC 2 7/23 at 5 weeks.

chickeedoodle responded:
Oh pray - what a hard thing to be going through! big (((((hugs))))) to you!!

I know how hard it is to take the next step, but do give them a call, see what they think. Maybe they can work around your travel plans?

I hope that you figure out something that works for you!!

Take care!!

ps- my Monday report - I posted one separately, but a brief summary - 15 eggs retrieved, 10 normally fertilized, and I have 10 little embies growing. Tentatively scheduled for transfer on WEd, but if I have at least 5 "great" looking ones on Wed, they will push out to Friday. Will keep everyone posted! Thanks for all your wonderful thoughts. :)
Carla, 40, DS conceived via IUI 8/22/05 - born 5/2006. Many more IUI's - finally a BFP - then m/c 7/2010...more IUI's - all BFN's!! IVF retrieval 8/22/10

Dani428 responded:
I agree, getaways are good for your emotional health, they are important!! BUT, you still need to call!! I think all of this waiting and not knowing is worse for you. The hardest thing is picking up that phone, been there, done that!!

CD15 for me, just waiting for doc to call w/official results, and I"ve got some questions for him. DH is really putting on the pressure to start TTC, w/HSG all clear, he's ready to go. . (no pun intended!) I just don't think I"m ready yet. It's too scary to think about pregnancy #4, and possible loss, #4. I know, that's not being positive, that's what tells me I'm not ready. I wonder if I ever will be???

Just resting up from our busy weekend ;), relaxing and exhausting all at the same time.
Me39/DH44 3 missed m/c's, 12wks 12/08, 10wks 7/09, 9wks 5/10. 3 furbabies, Russell (Havanese puppy) Turtles (cat) and Perrin (cat).

Starla_94 replied to Dani428's response:
Dani.. you crack me up girl.. thanks for the laff ineeded it!!!

I'm trying to hold DH off.. i know i'm bad!! but i'm afraid of the spotting to start again.. just in the same way you are fearing ttc'ing again Officially.. so why not just "Don't Prevent" this time around but don't "Try" :) thats what worked for me and Julie :) LOLOL but either way i don't think there is ANYTHING that can take away that fear of "What if" unfortunatly you won't know what if , however if you don't try! sucks i know!!!

Its just like so many people that say i'm waiting to be finacially able to have a family.. And My friends that have told me that.. i've asked when and what is fincianlly ready for a family? they don't know.. and then i just say.. My point exactly.. how will you know your finacially ready and no one will ever be fully finacially ready to support a family cause you just don't know what the future holds.. we hit those bumps in the road and continue on.. and its what makes us stronger in the process of life..

just remember your Rainbows.... have you seen one recently?? if not close your eyes and picture it :) Say a prayer or two and listen for God's answer and ask him for peace and comfort over the fear of anymore loss..

HUGS girl!!!!!

Prayforamiracle replied to Starla_94's response:
I don't know if there is anything out there comparable to Provera. I was supposed to take it for ten days, and I think I only made it for six days. I have lots of medicine phobias as you all know. I have a huge fear of blood clots and Provera like birth control increases your chances of a blood clot. Crazy I know. I was told once my veins were very tiny and I'm afraid that increases my chances as well.
Prayforamiracle-Me(35)Dh(42)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. Currently on Cycle 22.

Dani428 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
I understand your dislike of medications. I wonder if there is something else, natural, homeopathic that would work to bring on AF? I know with herbs, just like with some medications, it can take 3 mths until you feel the full affects, but maybe that would be less scary?
Me39/DH44 3 missed m/c's, 12wks 12/08, 10wks 7/09, 9wks 5/10. 3 furbabies, Russell (Havanese puppy) Turtles (cat) and Perrin (cat).

chickeedoodle replied to Dani428's response:
Hey Dani - the one thing about HSG's....is many, many women get pg the first cycle after they have one. My RE told me that, and with my first DS, it happened! RE didn't say why, but I've talked to so many women who have had that happen.(I think the tubes get nice and cleared out, myself)

I know it is hard to ride the rollercoaster though, so do give yourself the time you need.

Are you still under the care of OB, or are you seeing RE?

Take care!
Carla, 40, DS conceived via IUI 8/22/05 - born 5/2006. Many more IUI's - finally a BFP - then m/c 7/2010...more IUI's - all BFN's!! IVF retrieval 8/22/10

chickeedoodle replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Have you tried acupuncture? I don't know that it would help, but asking a professional about it might be worth a call? It did help me become more regular and reduce my cramping...

Good luck - I hope you can find a solution that doesn't feel too scary.

Dani428 replied to chickeedoodle's response:
Carla, I've heard that too, the problem is that when we start TTC again, we have to use clomid, so it requires extra planning. My next AF is due 9/1. So I've got a week or so to decide if we want to start w/this next cycle, or wait till the cycle after that, my DH wants to start sooner rather than later. I'm still under the care of my OB, at this point, he's been doing everything he should, including the testing etc, I had thought about getting a 2nd opinion and having an RE go over my labwork etc. . but I'd have to wait until next Jan when I've got my health savings account stocked again since my insurance doesn't always pay for everything. So, it's still up in the air as to whether we'll begin TTC in September.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 23 year old female who is definitely ready to be a mom. I have had 1 miscarriage due to incompetent cervix and am very ready to try again to st...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.