Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Idea (Poss trigger)
FrmGirl posted:
I know some of you are going through the adoption process or are thinking about it and the waiting can be tough. Even the ttc wait can be tough. The other thing I found tough (I can be weird so be ready) was being sure I never forgot about the LO I lost (like I could). Anyway, here is the idea my DH and I came up with to remember our son:
My son was born May 21, 2008 at 23 weeks and passed away on May 31, 2008. Every year my husband and I make a gift basket full of baby boy things. We get a card and sign our names and Jude's name (our son) with an angel above his name. We then take the basket to the hospital where I delivered Jude and they present it to the first family that has a boy on Jude's birthday. That family can of course choose to take it or they don't have to. I haven't had one turn it down yet.
The first year was hard. I knew I should have been buying these things for Jude but now I know he will never be forgotten, not only by us but also by the family that gets the basket. They will be able to tell their family why they have the basket and Jude's name will live on.

It also doesn't have to be on a birthday. It can be on the day you found out you were preggo. Or your original due date.

Anyway...I know some of you may not be able to do this b/c of emotions or finances or may not even want to do it at all. It's just an idea I wanted to share with you.

Have a good rest of the week, girls!!! :)
Hannah(29)DH(26) M/C 2007(early) Early delivery 2008 (23wks) Jude: May 21, 2008 - May 31, 2008; Gabriel: (adopted) Feb 2010.

TanyaJP responded:
wow...that's really sweet and what a great way to keep his memory alive. totally made me tear up.
Tanya (36), DH (36), DS (Eric-2), DSD (Cera-11) and DSS (Trent-13). 4 angels in heaven with my daddy RIP. Maxx Alexander born 9/22/10, 10 lbs, 1 oz and 21 inches long.

chickeedoodle responded:
That is really sweet Hannah. Those are lucky families to be connected to Jude that way. :)
DS born 5/2006, many failed IUI's then 1st loss 7/2009, more failed IUI's, a successful IVF which turned into my 2nd loss 9/2010.

mrslee97658 responded:
that made me cry. That is really special and I don't know if I could have the strength to do that as I have never named my losses...but then again you actually did have a child that you lost. ((((hugs)))))
Me Ruth (27), DH Steve (42), Ds1 (10),DD (7) Ds2(4), Ds3(3), two m/c, one early at 6wks 9/06, the last one missed m/c at 9wks 8/21/10 hoping to ttc again soon.

Dani428 responded:
That is such a wonderful idea. Unfortunately, with 3 losses and 3 due dates, I know it would just be too much for me to handle. Maybe after I get past this last due date I have coming up in December, I could do that once a year for someone. Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!
Me40/DH44 3 missed m/c's, 12wks,10wks,9wks (I will always miss my 3 little boys). Our furbabies, Russell (Havanese puppy) Turtles (cat) and Perrin (cat).

Prayforamiracle responded:
I know I'm late on this, but that is such an amazing thing to do. What a wonderful idea!
Prayforamiracle-Me(35)Dh(42)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. Currently on Cycle 22.

Starla_94 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Yes totally amazing!! I bet those recipients have a great look on their face when they recieve the basket and feel the blessing you are passing on.. and Little Jude would be very proud of his mommy and is proud as he's watching over you from heaven :)
Christina (34) DH (38)- 1 D/S Oct-2003, M/C April 2010, M/C June 2010 (twins) BFP on 8/15/2010 ~ First U/S revealed Triplets! Only one bean Sticking.. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bd667

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Meg. My Husband and I have been together for 12 years. We have two daughters, 10 & 7. We lost our 3rd pregnancy in 2007, following 2...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.