Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Here we go ....... (TRIGGS)
MelBrody posted:
Ok, what a morning.... So I have been suffering from kinda a nasty cold for the last couple of days. This morning I hear my alarm, grab my thermometer and half asleep take my temp, its wakes me fully by signaling the fever alarm. 100.02 temp. I take it again to be sure same temp. This is odd but like I said I have been sick so although I dont feel feverish at all I attributed it to that. Then I have to pee so I get up and since I am 11 DPO with no signs of aunt flo I take my last internet cheapie test... its a faint positive... my heart was beating so fast! I even woke up DH at 5:30 am to confirm the line was there and I havent lost my mind. It was there indeed, faint but pink and there. So after my joyouse "thank you God" I started to get nervous...... What if it happens again? When if its a chemical pregnancy and I end up just starting my period late? Should a 100 degree temp be concerning? Should being sick be concerning? lol, of course I am neurotic nelly right now but so happy to. 6 months - my magic month.
Me(28) Hubby(27) M/C due to Blighted ovum October 11.
TTC 1st baby.

vybe77 responded:
Ahh Mel I am so happy for you!! I know it will be difficult to do so but try and not stress about the what if's..like I said easier said than done but it will be better if you think positive thoughts!! We need some good news around here and it looks like you will be the one to lead us to it!! Come on now let's see some more positive posts like this one!!
Congrats Mel and you see..I knew it would come along
KUP
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

ani05 responded:
Congrats Mel! I just knew it that it was going to happen for you soon.I understand how you feel,you have all the right to feel worried but don't put to much stress on yourself.
Ani(30),DH(30),DD(5).BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.TTC since 05/2009.

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm so excited!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so sorry I didn't log on yesterday, to hear the news right away. I'm so happy for you and know you were really stressing out this cycle. Wondering if you tested or temped today????????? Try to not worry too much. Wonderful news and this definitely made my day!
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)Dh(43)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

MelBrody responded:
Thanks ladies! I took first response today and got a clear positive. It is still so surreal, I don't quite believe it lol. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow and find out what I should do next. I hope no one minds if I stick around here for a bit. Just like some of the other have said it feels more comfortable here since we have been talking for so long.
TTC 1st baby.

prayforamiracle replied to MelBrody's response:
Yay for another positive!!! I definitely don't mind if you hang around at all. We would miss you too much!
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

vybe77 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
I don't mind you sticking around either
I thought the same thing when I got my positive in Feb. that if I joined in on the Monday updates I would be offending someone, after all this is TTCAL and not PAL..but I would of enjoyed staying here longer, especially considering my outcome..the next time it is my turn I am def. sticking around here longer..prob. the whole 1st trimester, so feel free to do so as long as feels comfy to you
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

MelBrody replied to vybe77's response:
Thanks ladies, I don't know how many times you all talked me off the clif. Who knows how the last 6 months would have played out if I hadnt found you.
TTC 1st baby.

codysu responded:
Congrats Mel!!
Cody (38) DH(45), TTC since 2007, 1st IVF Nov-10 BFP M/C Dec-10. IVF 2 in Nov-11 BFP! EDD 7-26-12

hopefulk77 replied to MelBrody's response:
Congratulations Mel - I stuck on the TTCAL boards until 10/11weeks and I still lurk to read/support you ladies
K (34), DH (35), TTC 1 Since Oct 08, M/C Jun09 (10wks), Chemical May11. IVF1: BFP Oct 17th EDD 28June2012

hgreenwood7058 responded:
congrats I am so excited for you!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

northern_girl responded:
Congrats Mel! Hope everything works out for you
BFP November 10, 2011. M/C December 19, 2011.

MelBrody replied to northern_girl's response:
Thank you everyone!
TTC 1st baby.

teacherbeck responded:
I am so excited for you! I don't know how I missed this... I was out of town last week but I thought I caught up on everything... Boy was I wrong!! (((hugs)) and H&H 9 months to you!!
Becky(30) DH(36); 1 furbaby(cat) Clark Kent
TRIGS: TTC since Spring '08; 1 m/c@20wks, precious Jackson 8-06-09
May be TRIGS: TTCAL grad, baby Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

michelle063007 responded:
Congratulations Mel...I'm so happy for you!
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

Cassy (26) DH (30) DD is 19 months old. TTC #2 since March 09. very early m/c 3/4/2010.

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.