Skip to content
Random, Easter, etc.....
prayforamiracle posted:
I'm just sitting her thinking about Easter and kinda dreading it. Seeing all the little kiddos in their adorable Easter outfits, will be hard. Not to mention, the egg hunts. I will have to make it through another egg hunt and pretend I'm perfectly happy being childless. It is hard enough to watch all of those kids having a blast and then to think I should have one out there as well. So hard, but it is a family functon and I hate to miss it. It is an opportunity to see family I don't always get to see.

To add to the misery, all this new autism research increasing for men over 35 has caused hubby to about change his mind on ttc.

As if that is all not enough, I forgot to mention that two of my favorite boy names has been taken in the course of a couple of weeks. (Certainly not on purpose, they have no idea) It was like a major kick in the heart.

Thanks for listening to me have a pity party and vent.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

michelle063007 responded:
I'm feeling the same way Pray...we were planning on telling everyone our good news this weekend and now we just get to go and be miserable. And the worst part...most of our family doesn't know so they will have no idea why we are acting like bums when everyone is having a nice Easter.

I'm so sorry about your DH and him changing his mind. I had not heard that about autism..but now I'm nervous...my DH is 35. I hope you guys can come to an agreement that will make you both happy and hopefully able to start your family.

I hope your Easter is okay and you get through it with love and support from friends and family.

Best Wishes
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

MelBrody responded:
Pray- I am so sorry girl. I hate that DH is going back and fourth with you so much. Easter is a time of renewal, I truely hope you get through this holiday without to much sadness and feel renewed on the other end.
Me(28) Hubby(27) M/C due to Blighted ovum October 11.
TTC 1st baby.

teacherbeck responded:
(((hugs))) Pray, that is so not a pity party!!
I am sorry Easter is/was tough for you. I hope it went better than you anticipated. I remember well how seeing all the happy families felt like a knife in my heart, and then I felt guilty on top of that, for feeling that way. I think the way you are feeling is normal; difficult, crappy, but normal
Is there anyone else you can confide in, that might make it any easier? Since my loss was so late, many people knew about it... which was so hard but then later, it made it easier b/c I felt a level of understanding... I just hate for you to go thru this without the support you deserve... from what I understand no one in your family really knows what you are going thru. I know how families can be, and maybe there isn't anyone, but if there is someone you have considered telling, maybe consider it again??
It just helped me to feel like there were people in my corner. But it can also make it hard if they don't understand, you have to overexplain, or if they try to give you unsolicited advice
I am so glad you can vent here, anytime, and we are here for you and we understand. Many (((hugs))) to you!!
(oh, and I tried to reply yesterday but it got deleted and then later it wouldn't work )
Becky(30) DH(36); 1 furbaby(cat) Clark Kent
TRIGS: TTC since Spring '08; 1 m/c@20wks, precious Jackson 8-06-09
May be TRIGS: TTCAL grad, baby Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

perry147 replied to teacherbeck's response:
Sorry about your Easter. This is certainly the place to vent because we all understand and can help give you the support you need that you might not get from home.
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d

prayforamiracle responded:
Thanks to all of you for your support. It means alot. Becky, I have really thought a lot in confiding with someone lately. I've thought about sharing with my mom, but it will absoulutely break her heart. I don't know if I can do that to her. I think it will be so hard on her, because you know how mothers want to fix everything and she can't fix this. Then there is my very best friend. She is just the best and if she has any flaws it would be only one. That one happens to be that I'm not sure, she could keep quiet. She would have the best intentions; but somehow through facial expressions or something I'm afraid she would accidentally spill the beans. So I'm torn at this point, but so thankful I have all of you.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

ani05 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
I am sorry for everything Pray! It's hard to talk about all of these with anyone,even family.There is not a lot of people who understand but if it's possible maybe you'll consider talking to a therapist.I have talked to therapists in the past for various reasons and it has helped me very much. Wishing you the best.
Ani(30),DH(30),DD(5).BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.TTC since 05/2009.

codysu replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Pray I'm so sorry your DH has changed his mind about TTC. My DH is 46 and I have not heard this latest research. But we were more concerned about downs and other birth defects. I hadn't even considered autism, but I know that it is on the rise lately. That really sucks about two of your fav names taken...but just know that if you wanted to still use those names, I think it would be ok.

I think that might be good for you to confide in somebody. I understand your concern with your BFF...mine is the same way. She doesn't mean to spill the beans, but put a few drinks in her and that girl says whatever is on her mind, even if it somebody else's secrets. Your mom on the other hand would be a good person to talk to. I know it will be hard on her, but at least she might understand what you are going through and why you may have not been yourself on certain occasions. I know it took the pressure off from my mom when I told her of our struggles. I didn't get the comments about grandbabies anymore. And it doesn't mean you have to give her monthly details of what is going on currently, just letting her know what you are and have been going through.

Big hugs to you. I like Ani's suggestion of a therapist. Maybe you could get DH to see a genetic counselor to get a better understanding of these research results and ease some of his and your concerns. Sometimes the internet is not our friend, there is too much information, and it is not all confirmed, so it is hard to know what to believe.
Cody (38) DH(45), TTC since 2007, 1st IVF Nov-10 BFP M/C Dec-10. IVF 2 in Nov-11 BFP! EDD 7-26-12

prayforamiracle replied to ani05's response:
Thanks for your support. Couldn't do it without all of you.

prayforamiracle replied to codysu's response:
Cody, thank you so much for all your kind words. It means alot. I appreciate your concern so much.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me(29) DH (31) We've been TTC # 1 since 2004. I've been seeing an RE for over 3yrs and have 6 m/c's under my belt.Starting Acupuncture, Ne...More

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.