Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
RE Update
prayforamiracle posted:
I got so excited about Ani's news, I just about forgot to update about my RE phone call. I called today to setup another IUI.(Even though, DH is very apprehensive) They called and said it had been a while since RE had consulted with me and before we did anything they wanted to have another consultation. They were like he is booked, so we need to wait for the consult. Hello, I sure the consult is to depress us with horrible news about our ages, IUI failures, etc. So, why would you want us to wait, unless it is to tell us to give up. I begged them to do something, because due to work this will be my last chance to do an IUI for probably three months. Then after that, who knows if DH will be on board. So they are fitting me in next week. I'm sure it will be a very discouraging appointment.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

MelBrody responded:
I am sorry pray, am glad they could fit you in though and hope no matter what they say you won't be discouraged and can get your IUI in. I will keep my fingers crossed, KUP!
Me(28) Hubby(27) M/C due to Blighted ovum October 11.
TTC 1st baby.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Hugs. I am keeping faith for you pray. I am glad they are fitting you in. I am hoping and praying that it will be okay and that things will be great this time around. I know its hard for you to stay positive but we are here for you. We may not be able to hold hands or hug in person but here are some digital ones.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

ani05 responded:
Pray,it's good news that you were able to get an appointment for next week.I have a feeling we are going to hear great news from you in the future,stay positive.Life has a way to surpise us,I mean look at me, you know there has been times(many times) that AF wouldn't show up for 3-4 months.Things change,our bodies change all the time and maybe the RE will have good news for you this time,you never know.
Ani(30),DH(30),DD(5).BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.TTC since 05/2009.

perry147 responded:
Pray don't give up hope. I was 41 when I finally had a successful pregnancy. You still have years. About the autism I asked my pediatrician about it and he said his practice is not seeing a rise in autistic children per say but because they have different and much broader classifications much more children "qualify" to be labeled as autistic. A co-worker of my husband has a son who is now autistic but they only found out when he was 14 because he was having trouble in school and needed a tutor. They even got 2 other opinions. Also my mother's friend's grandson at 22 was labeled autistic because he had poor social skills and had trouble keeping a job so now he gets financial assistance. That doesn't sound autistic to me but I don't have a medical degree. Remind your DH that men everyday have children over 40 without any problems, ie Tony Randall, John Travolta, Guy married to Nicole Kidman, Tom Cruise, The guy from Sex in the city/The good wife, if I had more time I'm sure I could find more. (I used this argument when I wanted to keep TTC and my husband admitted I was very persuasive)
Please think positive. Maybe they have something new to try. My RE is trying something new with me.
Sorry it got so long. Keeping you in my prayers.
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d

TeacherBeck responded:
((((hugs))) Pray!!
First, SO GLAD they got you in for next week! That is wonderful news, and no easy task- so good for you for fighting for an appt
Second, I agree with perry147... I am a teacher and in the 7 yrs I have taught, plus the 10 yrs my DH has taught elementary school, I have only had ONE autistic student and DH has had zero. I have seen a handful in my school over the last 7 yrs, but most are what would have been formally labeled as socially awkward, not trying to diminish the disorder by any means, I am just saying there is a BROAD spectrum of autism and many people who have it live normal lives they are just quirky in ways that show up on the spectrum.
I do understand your DH's hesitance, not trying to diminish that either. I just think many times the reports we read are slanted to scare the public (even if they are just meaning to raise awareness) but it leaves you thinking the odds are worse than they truly are.

Finally, I am just so excited and happy for you to be trying another IUI . I hope the appt is not as negative as you anticipate. I can't believe they would make an issue of your age at this point. Like pp said, you have years! FX for you, and more importantly prayers being sent up on your behalf.
Becky(30) DH(36); 1 furbaby(cat) Clark Kent
TRIGS: TTC since Spring '08; 1 m/c@20wks, precious Jackson 8-06-09
May be TRIGS: TTCAL grad, baby Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

michelle063007 responded:
Pray...I'm glad they squeezed you in for an appt. you never know there could be positive news. I hope it goes well and I hope DH doesnt give up anytime soon. With modern medicine, people are having healthy babies way later in life these days so you have plenty of time. Good luck!
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

vybe77 responded:
Pray- I'm sorry I missed this post of yours..I don't know how that happened..maybe it was all the excitement at our girls getting their BFP's!!
So anyhow, I am also happy that the RE's office was able to fit you in for next week and I hope the appt. goes 1000 times better than you anticipate it to..
You know it was mentioned that Easter (and Spring for that matter) is a time of renewal and new beginnings..I am starting to believe that there is a special sort of magic in the air this time of year, and so far it has yielded such special news for our board.. I hope this will also be your time Pray..I was telling my DF last night that I am still out of the running for now so I am sending all of my vibes over to you Pray..I want this for YOU this cycle..I will be thinking of you lots this upcoming week and praying hard that this time is THE magic Pray time.
Take care and KUP!
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

prayforamiracle replied to vybe77's response:
Thank you all so much for your comments. They definitely made me feel better. A special thank you for the autism comments . That has been on my mind a lot lately. I just am amazed of how wonderful you all are to me. I feel like I don't deserve it. When I'm in my deepest dark place, you all always pull me out of the darkness. I can not thank you enough.

I have to say I have been in a mood the last few days. I did fine the majority of the tww, but toward the end I went stupid. I knew there was no chance this cycle, one bding and all. But I was okay with it, because at least I ovulated. Then Thursday, I started having some breast tenderness. That usually has already come and gone at that point. So, my hopes started to rise. Then Thursday night, I puked out of nowhere. So I have to admit since my temp was still up yesterday, I took a HPT. This was 13dpo. It was a blaring negative. I just don't see how some of you test several times each cycle. To see that bfn, just rips my heart out. So that pretty much ruined my whole Friday. Feeling a little better today. Thanks for listening.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

ani05 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Pray,it doesn't matter how many times you tell yourself not to get your hopes up and it's going to be ok if the test is negative.Still when you are standing over the test waiting and you see that negative it's horrible.I didn't test every cycle b/c I knew that I was going to be dissapointed and cry my eyes out.
I also wanted to write a little story concerning the autism and age.
My dad's cousin got pregnant at the age of 48 and her husband was 51 at the time,it was an accident they weren't trying but they had a baby boy.Now he is 11 and a very smart and well behaved young man w/o any health problems.
It's good that you are feeling better today.
Ani(30),DH(30),DD(5).BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012.Praying for a sticky baby.

vybe77 replied to ani05's response:
Pray- I agree with Ani that no matter how often you tell yourself that you won't get your hopes up it seems there is always something to make them go up..even with limited BD, Pray when I got pregnant last July my DF and I had seperated for a while and we had only BD on July 3, only day for the entire month and presto we were pregnant..it really only takes that one special time..
I feel the same about all of you ladies, it makes me feel so good to come and chat with you girls,no matter what is happening in my daily life, it's a time of day that I look forward to, coming here and catching up on the news..
When I get down into my dark place I try to think of you Pray, with all that you have experienced, you are still so brave and willing to try..I look at you and I make myself feel better because I know that you would do the same..I admire you a lot and I have pulled a lot of my strenght from you..thank you for that..
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

Spotlight: Member Stories

Cori ( 24) Jeff ( 27) One happy little baby boy, Cole, born 5-27-09. m/c 2/10 finding out when to start trying again

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful