Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Updates-April 16
prayforamiracle posted:
Wow, half of April is already gone.

My update: Af is here-Cycle Day # 2. RE appt tomorrow.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

vybe77 responded:
Good morning ladies
My update: Still trying to figure out where I stand..in my post yesterday concerning this very subject I forgot to mention this..
Ok so I passed the pregnancy on March 7th as I wrote, on March 21st I started too spot but I also remember it becoming a little heavier..it lasted 6 days total but by all accounts this was not like my usual cycle..it was too light and did not last as long as I usually do..but could it have been a cycle none the less? If so that would make today CD27..if I look back at my chart, assuming that this was a cycle, I notice spotting on days that could have been during the week that would of corresponded with O week..
So all that to say that I will wait things out 'til the end of April.. if then I still have not seen my cycle then I will know that I should go see the OB..
Pray- I hope the appt. goes well..good luck and fingers crossed XX KUP
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

ksay6306 responded:
My update: CD 38 and I am about 11DPO. I got really bad with temping but I had a huge drop in temp the Thursday before Easter and then the following Saturday I noticed my breast were tender which always happens a day or two after I O. Right now we are pretty much out of it for doing IVF. We just don't know where we would pull the money from. So we are going to save and keep trying and hopefully start the adoption process later this year.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been in quite a funk...But a huge congrats to all the BFPs the board has seen lately.
Kristin (28) DH (31) TTC since 3/08 One furbaby: Bailey a 3 year old lab 2 MC (10/31/09 at 10 weeks, 7/23/10 at 5 weeks). PCOS, slight MFIF. IUI 1 6/11-BFN IUI 2 7/11 Canceled...back to clomid

ksay6306 responded:
Pray: I forgot to add...good luck with your RE appointment tomorrow! Sorry AF showed. We are both due for some good luck sometime soon!!!

Vybe: I didn't comment on your post yesterday but I counted my MC from the day I passed everything. After I started spotting when I was checked there was a still a HB. The next day is when I had the natural MC but I agree...I would call your dr and see what they have to say.
Kristin (28) DH (31) TTC since 3/08 One furbaby: Bailey a 3 year old lab 2 MC (10/31/09 at 10 weeks, 7/23/10 at 5 weeks). PCOS, slight MFIF. IUI 1 6/11-BFN IUI 2 7/11 Canceled...back to clomid

teacherbeck responded:
CD#9
Feeling renewed this week I joined a gym, and I have been really proud of how much better I feel getting regular exercise Our budget is very tight, so finding a gym I could afford was a huge blessing, only 15.99 a month!!!
I am trying the "Couch to 5K" challange (it's 8 wks, & I am hoping to have to quit @4 wks if I get a BFP!!). I put on a few pounds after losing Jackson, then added to it after Juliet... I wasn't slim to begin with but I wasn't unhealthy. I have worked to lose about 17 pounds over the last year but haven't lost in a few months.
Part of the concern is health; there are a lot of diabetics in my family and it bothers me to go into a new pregnancy with all the extra pounds. I have lost 3 lbs in the last week!!
Its just nice to do something for ME and do something proactively to be a more healthy environment for a new little one

PRAY- ((((hugs)))) and a bonus portable [ ((hug)) > for you to carry with you to the RE tomorrow

Vybe- I hope you have the answers you need soon!! (either AF or a BFP if you were trying this month, I can't remember if you were waiting for a regular cycle before trying again!)

Kristin- You have been through a lot, a funk is understandable! Hoping for good news for you this month!!
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april '09 lost @ 20wks precious Jackson 8-06-09
TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

perry147 responded:
My update is CD#5. I was suppose to start the shots on Sunday but my STUPID ins co. Is causing me grief. I've been on the phone all morning. The only good thing out of all this is I did find out I'm covered for the meds and the RE was able to get a 12 month approval so if it falls thru this month at least I have next. It's just so aggravating that the Dr. can only put in a request when AF is here and not ahead of time and we have such a small window to try and get everything straightened out, let alone this all happened on Friday and my Dr office closes at 11 AM. So I'm hoping by this afternoon everything will work out. My RE said to start the shots on day 4 but this morning the nurse said I could still start them today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I think what aggravates me most is the Dr and I told my ins company to put a rush on it because I had to get the meds thru the mail but now on Monday morning when I call they said if there is a pharmacy that has the product they can override the order and I can get them from there. But Friday I was at the pharmacy (which is more than an hour away from me) and they told them no so I was on the phone for hours on Friday and I thought everything was ok. And I'm trying to do this secretly because my parents are visiting for a month and we don't want anybody to know that we are TTC#2 just in case it doesn't work out. So my RE appts are a dentist or ob or reg Dr and I'm running out of reasons to leave the house, Any suggestions would help. Sorry it got so long but I got on a roll.

Pray- Hope your RE appt goes well, sending positive vibes.

Vybe77- Call the Dr. or nurse they should be able to help you. I know its just so aggravating not knowing but maybe there is something to jump start the process. All 4 of my m/c have all been different.

Kristin- Ask your Dr about online or mail order pharmacies. My friend did that and some of her meds were cut by 60%.

Becky- Great idea joining the gym I was thinking about that myself but I don't seem to have enough time and money is also tight.

Good luck everyone. I'm just trying to get through this week without pulling my hair out.
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d

michelle063007 responded:
Hi everyone

I dont really have an update on myself yet...just waiting for that first AF after the m/c (Vybe I'm kinda in the same boat as you...I have no idea how to calculate or when to expect her...just a waiting game). I have my follow up appt from the D&C this Thursday. Hoping to find out what testing they plan on doing and how soon I can do it. The doc who I met with after we found out I had miscarried seemed to have a lot of ideas...but the soonest I could meet with her is May 31st. So she said I could discuss it at the follow up...I just have a sneaky feeling that he'll be expecting more of an in and out appt and I have about 100 questions. So, I'll post something on thurs or fri to let you all know how it went...I'm hoping to have a renewed sense of hope

Other than that I've just been feeling a little sad...we have the relay for life coming up this weekend and i had thought that I might be showing by this point and was kinda excited about that. Plus we are walking in it in honor of my father in law who passed away last July from kidney cancer (3 weeks after my 1st D&C--goodness we need some good news in our house soon!)

Pray--sorry about AF...good luck at your appt tomorrow...let us know how that goes!

Vybe--like I said before...I'm in the same boat. I have no idea how to calculate those dates...i wish i could but I just have no idea Good luck!

Kristin--sorry about being out of it for IVF. We are also considering looking into adoption. We plan to keep trying but also start that process since it can take sooooo long and be very expensive (we also need to save up for that). I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do. On a side note...I have heard lots of stories about people who adopt and then end up pregnant out of the blue! One was actually a girl I worked with--her mom had childhood cancer and a lot of radiation so she was told she would never be able to have children. They adopted one, first husband passed away, got remarried and ended up pregnant on the honeymoon!!

Becky--good for you on joining a gym! I have belonged to a gym since january and have never gone! So you are a step ahead of me right now Keep up the good work...it is so important to make sure that environment for the little one is healthy and strong!

Perry--sorry about the insurance company. Insurance companies suck! (sorry if anyone out there works for one ) At least you are getting some of the meds covered...i'm pretty sure that our insurance does not cover any of that. Good luck this week. Oh and a suggestion to leave the house...tell everyone you are going out to get nail polish (thats what I told DH after my first BFP so I could secretly run out and buy a bib that said "I love daddy") hahaha...could work
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

MrsTang replied to michelle063007's response:
CD 17, 1DPO. At least I am pretty sure I O'd yesterday - Based on O pain I had yesterday and a positive OPK. My OPK is still coming up pretty dark with lines today, but not as dark as yesterday. We are still going to BD tonight and tomorrow and I'm going to test it out with OPK's until the lines fade. I'm also waiting for my temps to agree - I got a pretty significant dip this morning, so I guess time will tell.

Good luck, everybody!!

~*~*BabyDust*~*~
Erinn 27, DH (John) 28, DD (Gia) born 3/6/08: emergency induction at 33 weeks/severe preeclampsia. Losses in 5/06 and 6/09...Currently TTC2. Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MrsTang

MelBrody responded:
Pray- good luck tomorrow! I'm sorry aunt flo showed I know it's so hard. I myself testing from 9 dpo on every cycle. Each day I would thnk well there is always tomorrow but the more I tested the more discouraged I was. So I think waiting to test is probably the better way but I am just not that patient lol.

Vybe-I think that's a good plan, the end of April is plenty of time to give it. I hope it shows soon soon don't have to talk with the doctor at all.

Kasy- i am sorry you can't get your IVF this month. Did you get any traditional BD in? If so I hope you get a little miracle and are blessed with a BFP this month regardless.

Teacher- yea on the gym! I never could keep up with the gym but dd take a could excersise classes I enjoyed. I still have some weight from the first pregnancy on me and I went on a super healthy diet and lost 5 pounds in about 2 weeks and then got my BFP. I am not a big girl but not small either so I really think the little weight lost aided in my success. I hope it helps you in the same way! The healthier you are the better your chances!

Perry- stupid insurance! I hope you get to start your shots soon.

Michelle- I hope your follow up goes well and they have an answer for your questions. Doctors should be available to help you with these things so oh well if it's isn't as short as they think it will be lol

Ms tang- good luck in your 2ww, hope this is your month!

My update- not much lol, just waiting for the first OB appointment, not a whole lot of symptoms except sore nipples and tired. I know it's weird but I am really hoping for morning sickness soon. I read (and sorry if I am repeating myself here) that the sicker you are the less likely you will miscarry so fingers crossed for puking!

Good luck to everyone!
Me(28) Hubby(27) M/C due to Blighted ovum October 11.
TTC 1st baby.

northern_girl replied to MelBrody's response:
AF showed this morning. Not quite sure how I feel about it.

My first AF after the D&C was really weird, and this one isn't starting out any more normal :S

Hoping to really try TTC after this.
BFP November 10, 2011. M/C December 19, 2011.

ani05 responded:
Pray-Good Luck tomorrow,hopefully you get good news.
Vicky:I really hope you don't have to wait long for AF to show up.
Good Luck to everyone and baby dust!
Ani(30),DH(30),DD(5).BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012.Praying for a sticky baby.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I used to be almost 400lbs 2 years ago and never even had motherhood in my mind. As heavy as I was, I lived my life and loved to wine/dine and travel....More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.