Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update (possible triggs)
ani05 posted:
Earlier today a nurse from the Dr. office called about the lab work I had done on friday and yesterday.HCG went from 96 to 216 in 48 hrs while the progesterone went from 11.6 to 10.3.She said that the hcg is right where it should be since I am in the 5th week of the pregnancy but progesterone is lower than they wanted to be. Dr. prescribed progesterone until I get to 12 weeks and I already started the first dose earlier.
About 4 hours ago I went to use the bathroom and I had some spotting when I wiped(sorry tmi).I am afraid it's happening again b/c it's just like the last time that I started spotting at 5w4d.I'll know more tomorrow b/c if it's a m/c the spotting will get worse.I really hope I am wrong.I cried so much earlier that now I feel empty inside.
Ani(30),DH(30),DD(5).BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012.Praying for a sticky baby.

ani05 responded:
Sorry I meant 4th week not 5th week.I was exactly 4 weeks last Friday.
The corrected version:
HCG went from 96 to 216 in 48 hrs while the progesterone went from 11.6 to 10.3.
She said that the hcg is right where it should be since I am in the 4th week of the pregnancy but progesterone is lower than they wanted to be. Dr. prescribed progesterone until I get to 12 weeks and I already started the first dose earlier.
Ani(30),DH(30),DD(5).BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012.Praying for a sticky baby.

vybe77 replied to ani05's response:
Ani- I am sorry that I missed this update and that it has taken us so long to respond to you..I hope that by now you have only good news to report..has the spotting stopped? Sorry for asking but what color was the spotting? How are you feeling? Please think only good thoughts, this is not the last time, it is a whole new pregnancy..the HCG raised quite nicely in 48 hrs and the progesterone is being taken care of...fingers crossed and good positive thoughts only..sending you sticky BB vibes Ani..KUP
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

michelle063007 responded:
Ani
Try to think positive thoughts. Spotting in pregnancy can be completely normal so its probably nothing (although I know whenever I hear this advice I think "yeah right!") But try to stay positive, negative thoughts can't help anything
If it is happening again...though it is probably not and I truly hope it is not , something that this doctor (the one who actually seems to be taking some proactive steps with me) mentioned to me that if they tested my pro during a non pregnant cycle and it was low, they would start me on pro sopositories (dont know how its spelled) even before I was pregnant. That would definitely be something to ask about. Hugs to you!
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

ani05 replied to ani05's response:
Thanks Vicky and Michelle! Sorry it took me so long to update.
The spotting was more like a pink to bright pink color only when I wiped so as you imagine I was so scared yesterday and last night.I was sure it was going to get worse but it stopped,there hasn't been anymore spotting since yesterday afternoon.One hour after I notice the spotting I started the progesterone and I was wondering if that helped,my Dr. prescribed suppositories b/c he said that would work faster than oral progesterone.I really hope that everything is going to work out this time but I am scared and I can't wait for my ultrasound on the 30th b/c the Dr. said there is no need to do the ultrasound now,it's early.

MelBrody replied to ani05's response:
Ani - Oh I am so glad it stopped! I think you may be right about the progesterone. You probably got to the doctor and started the pills right on time. What a blessing to have such a pro active doctor. I will be praying that everything goes smoothly from here. My firs ultrasound isnt until May 16th lol so I know how hard the wait will be. You dont want to go to early unless you need to though because you dont want to get scared over something then find out its just to early to see it yet. HUGGS, try to be calm as much as possible. We are here for you.
Me(28) Hubby(27) M/C due to Blighted ovum October 11.
TTC 1st baby.

teacherbeck responded:
((((hugs))) Ani! I am sorry you have had some spotting. I have heard its normal/ok to have some, especially around the time your period would have been due. I am glad everything seems to be OK
Even though I don't have experience with spotting during a pregnancy, I DO have experience with low pro: with Juliet (my healthy, silly, wonderful 16 month old), my hcg was great but my pro was like 11 something one day, then 10 something 2 days later, then 9 something 2 days after that!!
My OB had given me the RX for progesterone at my 2nd draw and had left it up to me (she basically said it's not PROVEN to help, but it doesn't hurt). So when she called to say it was 9 something and to go ahead and fill the RX, I told her I had filled it the day of the last draw and was on my 2nd day of it. I was so scared knowing my number was so low, but the pro did its job and everything was OK.
Just thought it might help to hear of a happy ending from someone who had numbers similar to yours.
***sticky vibes***
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april '09 lost @ 20wks precious Jackson 8-06-09
TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

ani05 replied to teacherbeck's response:
I haven't have any spotting today.I am feeling a little bit more positive. Becky it does help me a lot that you told me your story b/c my progesterone numbers are pretty similar to yours.Thanks a lot.

hgreenwood7058 replied to ani05's response:
hugs and thoughts are with you Ani.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12-Team Blue!. Hope this LO will stick

prayforamiracle replied to ani05's response:
Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

Spotlight: Member Stories

Came to this board after my hubby and I decided to start trying again. We waited 7 months to TTC after loss. Our beautiful twin baby girls, Faith and...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.