Skip to content
Big changes
ahsportygurl21 posted:
So i fired my MD and found a new one last week. I went into see him today. He thinks i have PCOS and im not ovulating at all and the miscarriage was potentially not real. I would have only been 5 weeks and since the lines for 2 days in a row were faint hes not convinced. Also due to the fact my old MD wouldnt see me following it the miscariage, it was never proven i was preg. After all the heart ache yk. If thats true that was some un needed stress. I just dont know. I go may 8th for PCOS blood work and a pelvic ultrasound. Im just ready for answers. He says if the ovary has no follicle at that time i will be put on medication. And if it is in the ovary he is going to give me some type of injection? He also wants us to Do a sperm analysis. So hopefully this week or the next we can get that. I was just wonder if any of you ladys have PCOS and if so what should i expect? any advice is appreciated.

michelle063007 responded:
I don't have PCOS, but I do understand frustration with doctors...so my thoughts are with you. Good luck!
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

ksay6306 responded:
First off I would like to say that I am glad you changed doctors. It is really important to feel comfortable with the person you look to to help you with all of this TTC stuff. What you may have had was a chemical pregnancy. This is where it implants but never grows. Usually it just results in AF showing up a little late. Most women probably don't even know they have suffered from one unless they are actively trying and tracking their cycles to know it is late and test. I believe this is what my second miscarriage was.

I do have PCOS. I believe I have a milder form with only a few symptoms. I had a lap done last May to unblock my one tube and the RE was able to confirm PCOS. Right now I am on a medication called Metformin. It is a medication often used with people with diabetes. It aids in my weight loss to help get the other symptoms of PCOS under control. I always had a bit longer of cycles (~35 days) and then they started to get really long (~75 days). Once I started the Metformin I am back to the lower 30 days. I also have some other issues leading to my infertility. I've done a total of 7 cycles of Clomid with only one resulting in a pregnancy (my 2nd miscarriage). I also tried injection stimulation medication with an IUI and that was a negative although I responded well to the medication. If my insurance covered more or any of the medications or procedures we would be moving on to more IUIs or IVF.

This is just a little about my background and experience with PCOS. Just because you have it does not mean you can not get pregnant on your own. Hope this helps!
Kristin (28) DH (31) TTC since 3/08 One furbaby: Bailey a 3 year old lab 2 MC (10/31/09 at 10 weeks, 7/23/10 at 5 weeks). PCOS, slight MFIF. IUI 1 6/11-BFN IUI 2 7/11 Canceled...back to clomid

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm glad you have found a new doc and hope he gives you the help you need. I have PCOS due to irregular cycles and cysts on the ovaries, but not according to my bloodwork. I take Metformin, it is prescribed a lot to PCOS patients. It is supposed to regulate you more (doesn't help me) and reduce your chance of miscarriage. I hope you get some answers and will soon be on your way to a BFP!
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

Spotlight: Member Stories

I recently married my best friend on April 24th, 2010. We have one puppy together Champ, he is a boxer. We have only been TTC since 08/10 so we are ne...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.