Skip to content
Follow up to D&C
michelle063007 posted:
This appt went much better than I had imagined. It turns out that I was able to discuss all the next steps we will be taking now that I have had recurrent miscarriage (thought I might have to wait until consultation with a different doctor). The doctor answered all my questions and then took some blood to test for some things (I cant remember exactly what he was testing for...I think blood clotting and some other things but he kept saying they were testing some "proteins"??) He also mentioned luteal phase deficiency but that test would have to be on a certain day of the cycle right? He was able (thankfully) to take the blood sample right there in the office that day (another doctor said we would have to wait until AF comes back and then test that cycle while not trying). But since he took the blood yesterday, we can start trying once I get AF back! I was so excited to hear that. I did not want to wait anymore! Should hear the results of those tests in about a week. We also, depending on cost, plan to go ahead with the genetic testing--probably only if the blood tests come back negative for anything else (if the blood tests show a possible cause of the 3 m/c then probably pointless to do genetic testing since that wouldn't be the reason--or at least thats what I'm thinking.) Oh, and he also said that as soon as I get a BFP he will perscribe porgesterone regardless. Sorry about rambling, I'm just so excited that in a few weeks or so we will get to start trying again...and hopefully with answers and more confidence this time.
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

ani05 responded:
Michelle that's good news that your Dr has ordered all those tests and hopefully you'll have an answer soon and I really hope you don't have to do the genetic testing.I have had the genetic test done while pregnant with DD but our insurance paid for it maybe yours would too.
Ani(30),DH(30),DD(5).BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012.Praying for a sticky baby.

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm so happy that you received some positive news from your appt and will be able to try again soon. I hope they can give you the help you need and you will be able to not experience any more losses. You have been through enough. Good luck and be sure to let us know what you find out.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

vybe77 responded:
Michelle- So very happy that you had a great appt! Even more happy that you will not have to wait as long as you thought before being back to TTC!! I hope all the testing will reveal at least a reason for the recurrences..at least now you seem to be moving forward with the Dr's you are seeing and the testing they are doing...I wish you nothing but good luck once you will resume your TTC journey
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

MelBrody responded:
Michelle- thats great! What wonderful news that the doctor will be proactive and start looking into things right away. I hope they find an answer soon! We are rooting for you and your next BFP soon.
Me(28) Hubby(27) M/C due to Blighted ovum October 11.
TTC 1st baby.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Vanessa (me), married to Jade for 7 years, one 7 year old girl, and my cute bulldog Toaster. Want 1 more baby, hope God blesses us with another family...More

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.