Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday updates May 7th..
vybe77 posted:
First May updates!!
I hope all the ladies had a fabulous weekend..
My update: CD19 today..still did not get a positive opk..I am fairly certain by now that I missed it when it passed by last week..I will keep testing this week to be certain but here is what I truly think happened..
Last week CD13 I started to lightly spot while at work (night shift)..at this time it was only twice during the night and was only when I wiped and was so light I really had to look to see it..got home around 7:30am and tested, which was negative..tried to convince DF to BD because I knew the spotting could be related to O but DTD did not happen that day
I tested again at noon and again it was a negative..both tests for that day had quite pale results..so I figured I was safe until the next day..
CD14 I tested after coming home from work (at the same time) and this time it was a darker result..it really wasn't a positive but of all the tests I did this cycle that one and only was the darkest it ever got..DF and I DTD that morning..that night at dinnertime I tested again and this time the results were back to being pale, which surprised me because I thought after that morning's test that it was going to get progressively darker, as it had in Jan...since that day all of my opk's have been negative..side note: On CD14 my dinnertime testing was done with FMU (for me since I sleep days)..could that have affected the results?
So I'm thinking, had I kept testing, that I either would of seen a positive sometime after the noon test from CD13 or prior to the one on the morning of CD14..or maybe sometime after the morning test from CD14?
I've been reading up a lot about O spotting and there is so much info on how long it's supposed to last, when it's supposed to occur and what does it all mean that I'm pretty mixed up now..
I know the spotting was O related..when I actually did O is what I don't know
I'm guessing that it was probably on CD14 or maybe CD15..DF and I BD on CD9, 11, 14 & 18
Sorry, just feeling a little bummed..
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

TeacherBeck responded:
CD 30, TWW (I think i O somewhere around CD 23, so this makes me about 7 DPO, I believe). Too early to test, but not to early to start imagining all kinds of pg symptoms I dreamed last night that I POAS and it was positive. I was really happy. Then woke up and was like Shoot!!

Vybe: (((hugs))) I am sorry you are feeling so bummed!! I looked back thru my TTC calendar b.c I had O spotting only once in my life, and it was in March. On my March Cal on CD 15 I had written "spotting?? O?? Pos???" Which means I had spotting and the OPK was dark but not close enough to be sure of a positive. The a week later I have 3 days in a row marked **POS OPK** That means I got a definite positive surge CD20-22 (once I get my surge it hangs around a while). The positive came about 5 days after the spotting. I really hope you did not miss your surge; it seems like you O late like I do (or maybe I am not remembering right?) so hopefully you will see that positive soon. Also, I know I said this in my other post, but I have always got a fade in pattern so I don't know why the last few months I get an almost positive a week before my true positive, but it can be confusing and has made me panic and drag my DH in for BD, lol

((((hugs)))) and baby dust ladies!!
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april '09 lost @ 20wks precious Jackson 8-06-09
TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

michelle063007 responded:
Yay for May and warmer teperatures. I'm loving this weather!

Vybe--try not to be bummed...bd on day 11 and 14 could be good for O on day 14 or 15. You never know. Good luck! Baby dust!

Becky--hopefully you will be able to test in a few days?? I know what you mean by imagining symptoms... I do it all the time! I drive myself nuts with it. I'm even doing it now and we have been using protection! Theres no way but that does not stop me from thinking "What if..."

My update: Still having pinkish brown discharge but still no AF. This has been going on for about a week now. Why wont she just get here already?! Also, still waiting for the results of the bloodwork which was completed two weeks ago today and they said it would be about a week. I called last Thurs and they said that it is still being tested and its not complete yet. What does that mean? Of course I'm thinking they found something really bad or something. Ugh I dont know but all this waiting is driving me nuts.

Good luck to everyone this month!
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

perry147 responded:
Vybe- Think possitive, i know its easier said then done, but it looks like you DTD around the right time. Remember that the little swimmers can stay alive for several days and you only need one.

Becky- Hope your "visualizing" works for you, remember dreams do come true.

Michelle- Hope you get your answers soon so you can start trying again.

Baby dust to everyone

My update-
TRIGGS The RE nurse said to test 2 weeks after the HCG shot which would be CD24 and my cycles are normally around 28 days so I waited until this morning CD25 and I got a faint positive. Just came back from the RE and the blood test confirmed I am pregnant so now I'm not so crazy waiting anymore but I am very nervous. I have to go back Wednesday and see if my numbers have doubled. I pray this one sticks. I don't think the RE will let me do another round of clomid or the follistim shot again if I mc again. Besides the money, the largest issue is my age. Again I hope and pray this one sticks. I'm trying to stay positive but I seem to be nervous every time I go to the bathroom or have a cramp. I think I wouldn't be so anxious about this journey if I didn't find out that my second mc was a girl and I have a very close relationship with my parents and would love to have a daughter. Don't get me wrong I would be happy with another son but I figure one of each would just be perfect. Please wish me luck.

Have a great day ladies!
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections.

britt200408 responded:
Vybe: Maybe you will still get lucky, but I understand feeling bummed. I've decided that I'm going to do something special after each cycle I'm not pregnant, just to have something to look forward to. We live close to Cedar Point, which opens on the 12th. So if AF end up showing next week, DH and I are going to go spend a day riding roller coasters and eating junk food.

Becky: I'm in the 2ww as well. One day I'm sure I'm pregnant, the next day I decide I probably didn't get pregnant this cycle. It's driving me nuts! Here's to a speedy week and AF not showing her ugly face.

Michelle: That's frustrating. I hope you can get everything sorted out soon so you can start planning for the future.

Perry: Congratulations!! I can't imagine how happy and excited and nervous and scared you must be, all at the same time. Hoping you have a sticky sticky LO this time!

My update: CD 23, in the 2WW. I really don't know what to think this cycle, since it's my first back TTC. I didn't use anything to track O. Hopefully DH and I did our part at the right time. We'll see! AF should start around the 15th, but in March she was 4 days late. So I am going to try to hold off testing until that Friday. I don't have any tests in the house, that way I'm not tempted.

I'm trying to keep myself occupied. DH and I both started exercising more a few months ago, so now that the weather is nicer I can get out on the bike or go hiking. We took DS hiking yesterday and made it 1.25 miles and he was still running around crazy. I wish I had his energy! Working out and eating better at least makes me feel like I'm really doing everything I can to prepare my body for a healthy pregnancy. It helps during the crappy days.
Brittanie(24), DH Josh(25), DS Jacob(3). BFP 10-01-11, m/c 11-11-11

vybe77 replied to britt200408's response:
Britt & Becky- GL to you both and may this 2WW go by super fast and yield positive results..
Michelle- I hope this next week brings the beginning of AF and results from the labs..
Perry- Congrats!! I will be thinking of you and sending you nothing but sticky BB vibes..
To all of us TTC baby dust to all
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

michelle063007 replied to vybe77's response:
Perry--Congrats! Thats great news. Sending you sticky vibes!

Britt--What a great idea to do something special when AF shows up. Ususally I just drink wine DH and I should try something like that
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

MelBrody responded:
Vybe - You know my thoughts on OPK's. Although they can be a good tool sometimes they just wont work no matter what. I think you still have a good chance will the BDing you did get in though. Good Luck!

Teacher- Good Luck this cycle! I always got impatient and starting testing at 8 DPO lol.

Michelle - I hope you getting your results soon! I am not a very patient person so I know how hard waiting for something is espically when its that important.

Perry - Congrats! all those shots meant something thats awesome!

Britt - Great on the excersise! It can be hard to keep up but I try to at least take a walk every other day. Which is not much but at least its something. Good luck this cycle!

My update:(TRIGGS) So last tuesday we went to the mobile
sonogram place and saw the little baby and the heartbeat! I was so happy! But I know that anything can happen so I am remaining cautisly optimstic. Latley my quesyness level has gone up quite a bit and my boobs are very achy from the inside. But worst of all my skin is sooooo broke out! I feel like I am in high school again! lol. Oh well I guess thats just part of the price you pay lol. My appointment is on Thursday with the doctor so I am anxiously awaiting another peek.

Good luck everyone!
Me(28) Hubby(27) M/C due to Blighted ovum October 11.
BFP! April 2012!

britt200408 replied to michelle063007's response:
Michelle - I got the idea from DH's cousin. She miscarried when I was pregnant with DS and it took her over a year to get pregnant again. One month she went to Cedar Point, one month I remember she got her hair done cut/dyed/styled the whole 9 yards, another month she decided to re-paint her kitchen or something. We can't do a lot and I don't really know what I will do beyond going to ride roller coasters this month. lol I don't want to dye my hair and we rent so no painting. It doesn't always have to be a big thing I guess. Even just going out to a nice dinner with DH and having an adult beverage is a good idea!
Brittanie(24), DH Josh(25), DS Jacob(3). BFP 10-01-11, m/c 11-11-11

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jennifer. I was 16 weeks pregnant when I had my miscarriage Thanksgiving weekend in 2007. I had 2 d/c afterwards because of complications a...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful