Skip to content
Intro - triggs
Mom2Emma23 posted:
Hi,

I wanted to introduce myself as i will be joining this group just as soon as I am all set to ttc again. On Valentines day of this year at our anatomy scan at 18 weeks we found out our daughter had Turner syndrome and hyrops (fluid ) around her head, tummy feet and hands. Only half of her heart was working. It was the most devasting day. At a two week follow up appt we discovered she had passed. I delivered her vaginally on 3/5. Does anyone here have experience with turner syndrome? If you do, you probably know it is not genetic, it is a chromosomal problem that is very rare. In any case, I will be on high alert my next pregnancy. I had bleeding problems and about a month ago today started bleeding so heavily I was admitted to the er. Later, my dr found placenta sitting right next time my cervix, removed it and bleeding stopped. No bleeding since then. I have to wait 2 periods until I ttc again and the wait is so hard. I just do not know when to expect my period and I wish it woud come. I will be checking up on this board often as I really want to be an official ttcer soon, so i wanted to say hello.

prayforamiracle responded:
I want to welcome you to the board, but I'm so very sorry for the circumstances in which you found us. You have found an amazing place for support, help, and understanding. I'm so sorry for you loss and how difficult it has been for you. I look forward to chatting with you. Sending big hugs.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

teacherbeck responded:
((((hugs)))
I posted a longer reply, but I think it didn't post for some reason...

I went through a similar experience with our first child, a son we lost at 20 wks due to fetal hydrops and cycstic hydgroma. The geneticist said results for Turner's were negative and they did not have a definitive answer. I gave birth to him 2 days after we found out he had passed; always will be thankful to have held him but it was a sad & heartbreaking experience.

We had a 2nd pregnancy the following year, a healthy baby girl; Juliet.

I am so sorry for what you have been through and I hope your cycle returns to normal quickly so you can begin TTC again.

(((Hugs)) and welcome!
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april '09 lost @ 20wks precious Jackson 8-06-09
TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

teacherbeck replied to teacherbeck's response:
  • hygroma (no d)
    Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april '09 lost @ 20wks precious Jackson 8-06-09
    TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!
  •  
    Mom2Emma23 replied to teacherbeck's response:
    Thank you for the welcomes and support!
    TeacherBeck, Turner Syndrome only effects females but I have heard of males with hyrops and cystic hygroma. I forgot to mention in my into she had a big hygroma on her head and tummy.

michelle063007 responded:
    Welcome to our group. I am so sorry for your loss. That sounds like a terrible thing to go through. I have had 3 miscarriages and they were all awful experiences but I guess I can say that I am thankful that they happened earlier on (7 wks, 6wks, 11 wks). I hope you get to ttc again soon...the waiting is the worst part. Good luck to you.
    Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

vybe77 replied to Mom2Emma23's response:
    I haven't had any experiences with any of these conditions but I m/c last summer and this past March so I understand loss.. although it must be so much harder as the pregnancy progresses..I wanted to welcome you to the board and I also look forward to chatting with you..I am sorry for your loss and hope that your journey to TTC can begin again shortly..
    Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (Cody-38) and DH have been trying for since we got married 4 years ago. Dx MFIF in 2010, did IVF Nov-10, got our BFP and then M/C around 6wk. We ar...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
    [blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.