Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Why does my body always throw me curve balls!!!???!?!
DCR2003 posted:
The last 2 months ive had 29 day cycles, this month im on day 35 and no sign of AF. I did a hpt test this morning and it was negative. I dont know what ot think anymore, i am quite tired and my stomach is bloated and i also am getting some heartburn. I just wish AF would just show up already if im not preggo. The past 2 weeks ive had more amounts of CM and as of today my cervix is unreachable, closed and semi hard. I take it AF isnt going to show up anytime soon. It seems like i obviuosly didnt ovulate and i am just skipping a cycle. I just dont get it, just when i think my cycle is getting normal, this happens!! I am soo at the angry stage right now. My husband is quite frusterated too, he said to me this morning "so all those times we did it, were a waste?" i can feel his frusteration, you go through all that and get your hopes up only for my body to be a complete jerk to us!! I obviously am still hoping maybe ill get my BFP, it may just be too early since i think i might have ovualted on day 19-21. Who knows!!! Any input would be great!!

TeacherBeck responded:
I'm sorry I once had a cycle where I didn't get AF for 8 weeks... I was so sure I was pregnant and that the tests just werent picking it up, so I went to my OB. She said I was not preggo and she could give me meds to make my AF happen... I didn't really want to do that (still kinda thought maybe I was preggo!) so I declined the meds but I still got AF within a week. And it was a normal AF so I think I must have just not O'd that cycle or something. Its been a few years since that happened, and its never happened again, so hopefully (if you usually have normal cycles) this is just a fluke and you will be back on track soon.
I know what you mean about all the BDing being a "waste." TTC can be a lot of work, as well as zap some of the romance, so when AF shows you feel doubly cheated.
(((hugs))) I hope you still get your bfp. If you don't have one or the other soon I would call your OB and see what's going on.
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april '09 lost @ 20wks precious Jackson 8-06-09
TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

Prayforamiracle responded:
I'm sorry for your frustration and totally understand. I feel this way the majority of the time. I'm hoping you maybe just ovulated later than you think, or later implantation. Sending lots of good luck vibes.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

DCR2003 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Thanks for the postive vibes ...Well day 37 now, still Negative hpt I guess my body just decided to skip a month and now im onto the next. Even tho i feel extrememly bloated and i was feeling a little nausous yesturday and had heartburn. I guess i have to move on......Does anyone know when i would ovulate next if my body has skipped this month?? Im thinking if the last 2 months ive had 29 day cycles, i should count this day as day 8 of my next cycle since its been 8 days since when my period was due? IS that how you guys would calculate?? Thanks

Prayforamiracle replied to DCR2003's response:
The cycles that I don't ovulate, I continue counting days until I have withdrawal bleeding. Then I start cycle day one over. I'm still holding out hope for you this cycle!
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

DCR2003 replied to Prayforamiracle's response:
Before i was pregnant last time, i would get AF then i would actually go 2 months without any type of bleeding or spotting and then i would get af again. Then i would go 32-34 days and get af. Its really weird how i would get anovulatory cycles with no problems or issues. Ive had all my hormones and thyroid checked and everything is "normal" per say. I have been to the doctor about this and there is nothing they can do, i guess its just the way my body is for some reason. Im still bloated and crampy, probably bc i didnt get af, but i kinda have a feeling im not preggo. We didnt do anything past day 19 of my cycle and by now i should have a positive. Oh well, onto the next, theres nothing i can do. DOes anyone think i should go to the doctor and see maybe if they can do some checks? Thanks

DCR2003 replied to DCR2003's response:
Well Im on CD 3 and the witch showed her face on Thurday 24th But i am just happy to be starting a new cycle and can look forward to something instead of just waiting...and waiting for AF. Sending positive o vibes to everyone else! I am hoping i get my opk this month, i think last month i didnt o till CD 27-29 and we missed it On to the next month..

Spotlight: Member Stories

Discovered we were expecting shortly after my birthday. What a pleasant surprise. This was the first time ever, we were sooo excited! We almost made t...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful