Skip to content
Why does my body always throw me curve balls!!!???!?!
DCR2003 posted:
The last 2 months ive had 29 day cycles, this month im on day 35 and no sign of AF. I did a hpt test this morning and it was negative. I dont know what ot think anymore, i am quite tired and my stomach is bloated and i also am getting some heartburn. I just wish AF would just show up already if im not preggo. The past 2 weeks ive had more amounts of CM and as of today my cervix is unreachable, closed and semi hard. I take it AF isnt going to show up anytime soon. It seems like i obviuosly didnt ovulate and i am just skipping a cycle. I just dont get it, just when i think my cycle is getting normal, this happens!! I am soo at the angry stage right now. My husband is quite frusterated too, he said to me this morning "so all those times we did it, were a waste?" i can feel his frusteration, you go through all that and get your hopes up only for my body to be a complete jerk to us!! I obviously am still hoping maybe ill get my BFP, it may just be too early since i think i might have ovualted on day 19-21. Who knows!!! Any input would be great!!

teacherbeck responded:
I'm sorry I once had a cycle where I didn't get AF for 8 weeks... I was so sure I was pregnant and that the tests just werent picking it up, so I went to my OB. She said I was not preggo and she could give me meds to make my AF happen... I didn't really want to do that (still kinda thought maybe I was preggo!) so I declined the meds but I still got AF within a week. And it was a normal AF so I think I must have just not O'd that cycle or something. Its been a few years since that happened, and its never happened again, so hopefully (if you usually have normal cycles) this is just a fluke and you will be back on track soon.
I know what you mean about all the BDing being a "waste." TTC can be a lot of work, as well as zap some of the romance, so when AF shows you feel doubly cheated.
(((hugs))) I hope you still get your bfp. If you don't have one or the other soon I would call your OB and see what's going on.
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april '09 lost @ 20wks precious Jackson 8-06-09
TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm sorry for your frustration and totally understand. I feel this way the majority of the time. I'm hoping you maybe just ovulated later than you think, or later implantation. Sending lots of good luck vibes.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

DCR2003 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Thanks for the postive vibes ...Well day 37 now, still Negative hpt I guess my body just decided to skip a month and now im onto the next. Even tho i feel extrememly bloated and i was feeling a little nausous yesturday and had heartburn. I guess i have to move on......Does anyone know when i would ovulate next if my body has skipped this month?? Im thinking if the last 2 months ive had 29 day cycles, i should count this day as day 8 of my next cycle since its been 8 days since when my period was due? IS that how you guys would calculate?? Thanks

prayforamiracle replied to DCR2003's response:
The cycles that I don't ovulate, I continue counting days until I have withdrawal bleeding. Then I start cycle day one over. I'm still holding out hope for you this cycle!
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

DCR2003 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Before i was pregnant last time, i would get AF then i would actually go 2 months without any type of bleeding or spotting and then i would get af again. Then i would go 32-34 days and get af. Its really weird how i would get anovulatory cycles with no problems or issues. Ive had all my hormones and thyroid checked and everything is "normal" per say. I have been to the doctor about this and there is nothing they can do, i guess its just the way my body is for some reason. Im still bloated and crampy, probably bc i didnt get af, but i kinda have a feeling im not preggo. We didnt do anything past day 19 of my cycle and by now i should have a positive. Oh well, onto the next, theres nothing i can do. DOes anyone think i should go to the doctor and see maybe if they can do some checks? Thanks

DCR2003 replied to DCR2003's response:
Well Im on CD 3 and the witch showed her face on Thurday 24th But i am just happy to be starting a new cycle and can look forward to something instead of just waiting...and waiting for AF. Sending positive o vibes to everyone else! I am hoping i get my opk this month, i think last month i didnt o till CD 27-29 and we missed it On to the next month..

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amanda (27) and Dh (31) have been ttc since we met 08/08. We had a m/c 2/11/09, and I had another from past relationship in 5/05. Hoping and praying t...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.