Skip to content
3rd time pregnant in 6 months
Hopeto posted:
After trying to conceive for 2 years I have had 1 MA 7.5 weeks and one MC 7 weeks this year. The last miscarriage was 4th of may, and now I find myself pregnant again. I should be happy, but I just worry. The docors will not test why this is happening before i have had 3 MC. With my two past pregnancies I had light spotting on and off before the embryo stopped developing. Anyone have any experience with progesteron cream or other advice to get the pregnancy to "stick"??

teacherbeck responded:
(((hugs))) I think it is so terrible how they want to wait for 3 before they do anything!!
I would call and request labwork to test your progesterone and I would INSIST on an RX for it if it comes back low (they still have a range of what is normal but if it were me I'd insist on the RX if my progesterone was lower than 15).

I am not sure your money situation, but for those tests they just do a blood draw and call you the next day with the results. Our insurance has covered most of the cost. (So I do not believe its expensive testing). Usually, they are testing your HcG and progesterone; the hcg is just an indicator of how the pregnancy is progressing, nothing you can really do for that number. But, if your progesterone is low, the RX it could make a difference! And at least its something

I hope some of the other ladies on here can give you more advice and info.
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april '09 lost @ 20wks precious Jackson 8-06-09
TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

ani05 responded:
Sorry for you losses!
I just had my 2nd m/c on may 2nd and my Dr. ordered all the tests needed so we can get some answers.She told me that most doctors will wait till the 3rd m/c but not her,she said one is enough.
If I was you I would ask for the hcg and the progesterone tests.
I had to go in twice for both tests,so four tests total and it was around $200 but our insurance paid 100%. If the progesterone comes back low than it should be, ask for a prescription,it is a bit pricey but if you get the generic brand it will be a lot cheaper.I think it cost us $208.00 for 60 suppositories.Good Luck to you!
Ani(30),DH(31),DD(6).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

Hopeto replied to teacherbeck's response:
Thank you for replying. people around me do not know we are trying, so it is lonely to go through this. It is still super early, so I will wait a few days to see if it is a chemical pregnancy. Then I will call my doctor and ask for the tests. I do not think the cost will be high, and it is so worth it!

Hopeto replied to ani05's response:
Thank you for replying. I will be calling my doctor and ask for the tests. I am hoping three is the charm, and that I will be able to bring home a baby for my birthday. When I startet TTC a couple of years ago I never knew it would be so hard!

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm very sorry for your losses and what you are going through. I hate that so many doctors don't want to test unless you have experienced three. I think that is the most stupid thing. People go to the doctor all the time for other ailments and the doctors are willing to run tons of tests for those things. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I hope all is well this time and you will not experience any problems.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

michelle063007 responded:
I am sorry for your losses. I have been in your shoes...I have had 3 miscarriages and they are finally doing some testing for me. I was so frustrated after 2 that they would not do any testing. It sucks waiting and wondering without any answers. Check into the progesterone. I got that advice after my 2nd and asked the doctor but she said she did not think it would help me so I did not do it. I m/c a 3rd time and felt so guilty. Another doctor told me not to feel guilty b/c low pro m/c's usually happen early and I made it to 11 weeks. But that could be a solution for you so ask the doctor about it...and you might have to be a little pushy. Now that i have had 3 they tested for blood clotting disorders and we are considering genetic testing too. A new doctor has also said she would put me on pro the next time I get pregnant regardless.

I know how you feel about being lonely. No one really knows about our losses either and I feel weird bringing it up...so I just kinda feel like I have to suffer silently. But I have found a lot of support here and at a local support group. It really helps to talk about it with people who understand...so welcome.
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together from almost 6 years(in june). We got married in June of 2010. We enjoy spending time with eachother and family. I ...More

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.