Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Shocked and nervous
Mom2Emma23 posted:
I just became a member here and really did not expect to even get to ttc until June or July but I just tested and sure enough I am pregnant. I am so shocked...grateful...but very nervous. I know having another turner syndrome pregnancy is unlikely but did I just lessen my chance of a healthy pregnancy by getting pregnant without two, or even one, healthy cycle in between?? I will try to not let my nerves get the best of me, but I know pregnancy after a loss is a whole new ball game and I'm scared.

perry147 responded:
Congratulations!! I had my son right after my D/C so it is very possible to have a successful pregnancy. Good Luck.
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
congrats. I would not worry too much. Another one of our members well about 11 months ago now had a m/c and then got pregnant the very next cycle and now has a beautiful 2mo old baby boy. completely healthy.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

Mom2Emma23 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Thank you both for some reassurance! I woke up last night and as soon as I remembered I got all panicky...I am trying to relax.

prayforamiracle responded:
Congratulations! Wishing you a healthy and happy nine months.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

TeacherBeck responded:
Congrats!! (((hugs)) we understand your nervousness.
I have heard many positive stories about women getting pg quickly without waiting for a cycle.
I was so very scared to be pg, even though it was months after losing ^Jackson.^ And am scared again this time, even though my last pregnancy resulted in a healthy baby! Its normal to be scared after what you've been through (((hugs))).
(TRIGGERS)
If you didn't already know, there is another board here called Pregnancy After a Loss and it is wonderful, also. Most of us "go" over there for additional support during pregnancy (but many of us still keep up and post here, too, especially during the first trimeseter). Just wanted to let you know so you'd have all available support during a very HAPPY but nervous time!!
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april '09 lost @ 20wks precious Jackson 8-06-09
TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (44) DH(42) DS (2) 2 carriers of MTHFR, clomid 50 2m/c @ 8wks & 11wks(D&C). TTC #2 m/c#3 9/2011 Moved up to clomid 100 m/c#4 2/2012 m/c#5 1...More

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful