Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Emotional Day (possible TRIGGS?)
britt200408 posted:
My little sister is in labor right now and I was nothing but excited for the first few hours. Now, as I get each update text and call, I just get more jealous and sad. My due date is/was next Friday. I will have a constant reminder of the child I should have, at that exact age, when I look at my niece. This sucks and I hate feeling this way. I know I will love my niece to pieces...she's the first! But I don't know if I will ever be able to look at her and not think about the LO I lost.

Just needed to get that off my chest and I know you ladies get it. Hopefully I'll feel a little better once I get a pic of that beautiful little girl, who I plan on spoiling rotten.
Brittanie(24), DH Josh(25), DS Jacob(3). BFP 10-01-11, m/c 11-11-11

ani05 responded:
Brittanie,I understand your feelings very well,it's normal to feel that way after what you have been through.You want the best for your sister but also is super hard not to think about your little one.You know I think it gets easier with time but you never forget. Your niece is going to be so adorable and loving and you are going to love her so much and that's going to make everything a little easier,in my opinion.
Ani(30),DH(31),DD(6).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm sorry you are having mixed feeling about your niece. I think they are totally normal. You are right when you see her, you will love her to pieces. It will be hard sometimes and I hope it won't be too difficult on you. Sending hugs.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

teacherbeck responded:
I'm sorry

DHs best friend was due within a week of us and it took me about a year before I would even hold her (I am sure its different with family, and I know you'll be OK... but just agreeing that it is hard, and we do understand).

As time has passed, it no longer hurts me to see DH's BFF's little girl... instead I kind of feel grateful like I almost have a little piece of ^Jackson^ here, I have a close reminder of how old, how big, how wonderful he would be. I hope your sweet neice will soon fill that spot for you! (but don't be hard on yourself if it takes you a little while to get there on the inside!) (((((hugs))))))
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april '09 lost @ 20wks precious Jackson 8-06-09
TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

britt200408 replied to teacherbeck's response:
Becky, that is a great way to put it. She will be a reminder of how big and how ornery my LO would be. Watching DS awww over her pictures is so sweet and I know he will be very excited and loving when he does get a little brother or sister.

perry147 replied to britt200408's response:
How are you doing? Hope eveything is OK.
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections.

michelle063007 responded:
Congrats on becomming an aunt...but I know how hard it is. I visited my best friend in the hospital the day her son was born (I should have been due 7 weeks after that) with puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. I know she kenw I had been crying all day but I went and held him and it was the best thing ever. I was so mad and jealous too though so your feelings are totally normal. Best wishes to you and your family.
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

britt200408 replied to perry147's response:
Perry, I'm doing better! I've been crocheting some cute little sun hats for her, and I make my sister send me a daily picture. She is so adorable. My brother-in-law and his wife had a baby boy in March and that was hard, too, but I got over it real quick. This time was a little harder just because it's so close to my due date. My sister and I found out we were pregnant a few days apart and I was the first person she told. She actually tested at my house so nobody knew she even suspected she might be pregnant. We were very excited to get to do this thing together. It just sucks that life doesn't always go as planned.

So now I have a 3 month old nephew and a newborn niece and I love them both and can't wait to spoil them. I just think it will take some time for me not to feel like I'm fighting tears every time I see them.

Thank you to everyone for your support. If it weren't for this community I would probably go insane, because nobody knows what it's like quite like the ones who have been there.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me(29) DH (31) We've been TTC # 1 since 2004. I've been seeing an RE for over 3yrs and have 6 m/c's under my belt.Starting Acupuncture, Ne...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.