Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
May I Join You?
babyj1017 posted:
Hello everyone! My husband and I just suffered an early miscarriage at the end of May... I guess the technical term is Blighted Ovum, but my OB never mentioned it, I found that through online research.

I had a follow up appointment this morning with my doctor and so far my body is doing what it should. He recommends we wait 2-3 months before we start trying again. I thought 3 months was a little long, but I'll take his advice. So, we scheduled another follow up appointment in August where we'll hopefully get the green light to start trying.

I know I'm a little early to be joining, but I am looking forward to walking this journey with you.

ani05 responded:
Sorry for your loss! I know how you feel about waiting to try again but time goes by fast and before you know it you will be starting the journey of ttc.Welcome!
Ani(30),DH(31),DD(6).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

vybe77 responded:
I also am very sorry for your loss and hope that your "waiting period" won't feel too long..Ani is right when she says that time does go by fast especially when you have this board to come sound off on..the ladies here are all absolutely wonderful and I couldn't have gotten through my last 2 losses w/o them..
Welcome indeed!!
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

prayforamiracle responded:
We would love for you to join us, but very sorry for the circumstances in which you found us. You have found a great place of comfort, support and advice as we all have been through what you are going through now. I hope your "waiting time" goes by fast for you and will be back to trying before you know it. Again, I'm very sorry for your loss.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

MelBrody responded:
(lurking) Hello, I am so so sorry for your loss. I wanted to chime in because I to had a blighted ovum miscarriage. I had to go through a D&C to have everything removed. My doctor said to wait at least 1 cycle. You will read all kinds of conflicting answers to that question though. Although they recommend it, it truley just depends on when you & your body are ready. Some women get pregnant right away. I actually chose not to wait at all and didnt get pregnant until 6 months later. Due to the use of OPK"s I am now convinced I didnt even ovulate the first 2 cycles so it really didnt matter that I didnt wait.
Good luck through your wait time! You have joined a great group of ladies here, the support is amazing.
Me(28) Hubby(27) M/C due to Blighted ovum October 11.
BFP! April 2012!

perry147 responded:
Sorry for your loss. But Welcome, it's a great place to be for support and opinions. Hope your stay will be short.
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections.

DCR2003 replied to MelBrody's response:
@MelBrody - I have the exact same thing as you but in December of 2011. I NEED some advice..I am now onto my 7th month of ttc - I really dont get this...what did u guys do differently or whichever, im lost, i NEVER thought it would take this long after. Every kept saying your more fertile after a m/c or that it will happen soon...it jsut aint happening for me/us Any encouragement would be great

MelBrody replied to DCR2003's response:
It took us 6 months after the D&C to conceive. I tempted & used OPK's these things are not full proof but it helped me get to know my cycle so I knew when I was the most fetile. We did it every other day during my most fertile window. But really I think the only reason I finally got my BFP is because the time I concieved was not timed it was just a spontanous one. And also I had lost about 5 pounds that month so those two things combined I really feel helped me along. I know it is soo fustrating and the wait is really hard, the last thing you want people to tell you is to relax. So I say, get healthy if you can. Take some walks, make a healthy change in your diet and see if focusing on that helps you a bit. I will be keeping my fingers crossed fo you!
Me(28) Hubby(27) M/C due to Blighted ovum October 11.
BFP! April 2012!

michelle063007 responded:
As they say at my support group, I'm glad you're here but sorry that you have to be here. You have found a wonderful group that had really helped me through my 3 m/c's. I feel that talking about it and getting these feelings out is helpful but my friends and family just dont get it the way these ladies do. I was also told to wait 2-3 months after the 1st m/c and that devistated me. After ttc for a year, the idea of waiting another 3 months was almost more painful than the m/c. I just wanted to be pregnant again. Then the doc who did my D&C told me that the other doc who said 2-3 months was "old school" and I could try again right away. Like Mel said, there is a lot of conflicting advice...but mainly it is up to you and when you feel ready. Welcome and I hope you get your BFP soon! Good luck!
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

DCR2003 replied to MelBrody's response:
Thanks @MelBrody. I have actually been going to the gym for 5 months now and have been eating really healthy, and have lost some weight. I needed to work out to keep my mind off it all. I actually jsut stopped my membership bc this next 2 months are going to be quite busy. My cycles are hard to predict but maybe i just need to let it all go and focus on what i have and our busy summer ahead of us. Thanks for your kind words, it really has helped!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Discovered we were expecting shortly after my birthday. What a pleasant surprise. This was the first time ever, we were sooo excited! We almost made t...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.