Skip to content
Due Date approaching and still not preggo!!?? :(
DCR2003 posted:
So i convinced myself that june was the month, only to for it to be ruined by AF 2 days early. I reallly dont get this...The doc office called me for my 6 month overdue pap, i was past miscycle so i had ot wait till AF showed up. I was hoping it didnt but alas it reared its ugly head they say it has to be 1 yr before they will do anything, but honestly 6 month post m/c..this is getting ridiculous! My hubby has been checked before, when we were trying for our daughter, so im assuming hes fine?? THis month i actually wasnt that worried about it and havent been stressing and it still didnt happen...what od i do to make it happen??? I jsut need some answers and its really starting to make me depressed and not a fun person to live with...I dont know what to say to the doc when im there for my pap about ttc. any suggestions?

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I'm probably not the best person to answer this, because I'm been at this a long time with no success. I totally understand all your emotions, and I wish there was some magic advice to heal them. When you go for your pap, I would discuss how frustrated you are and discouraged. Hopefully, the doc will be willing to give you some advice and ideas. Hugs coming your way.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

britt200408 responded:
I know how you feel. My due date was June 8, and I remember shortly after my m/c thinking that surely I would be pregnant by the spring and definitely before my due date. Next month it will be 1 year since we decided to start TTC number 2. I got my iud taken out last July and I got pregnant in September, then m/c in Nov. Because it only took 1 cycle last time (not counting the few weeks of spotting/sort-of-period after the iud), it's really hard to be more than 6 months out and still not pregnant. I was convinced June would be my month, too. It would have been so perfect to get some good news on Father's Day!

I don't really have any advice for you, but I do understand your emotions. I would do what Pray said and just mention to your doctor that you are getting very anxious and frustrated. Maybe he/she can at least help to reassure you.
Brittanie(24), DH Josh(25), DS Jacob(3). BFP 10-01-11, m/c 11-11-11

michelle063007 responded:
I'm sorry for your loss and your frustration. It took us one year to get pregnant the first time, 2 months the second time, and 5 months the third time (m/c all three), so I know how much the waiting sucks. We've been at this for a full 2 years now :? ugh! After the second m/c, the doctor told me that after 3-4 months if I was not pregnant she would do something...but then she basically took that back and said 6-8 months. I was so angry. I guess one thing to keep in mind is that many healthy couples take up to a year to get pregnant. Also, they might not be willing to start any testing or clomid etc. yet, but maybe they can give you advice to help your chances. My doctor suggested that we bd every other night aroud O time and we got pregnant the first time about 3 months after trying that method. Maybe they have some other non-medical ideas as well. Hope you get your BFP soon!
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

I became a member on this board, a few days after our loss. I needed to find a place that I felt at home in. A place that was filled with positive thi...More

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.