Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Doctor's appt.
michelle063007 posted:
So I met with an RE today. He seemed pretty nice. I took all of the lab reports thinking that would be all he needed but he said there were 3 (I think) other blood clotting disorders that he would test for (not sure why that was not tested already...kinda frustrating). Then he recommended genetic testing and I said we already met with a genetic counselor and were waiting to hear from the insurance. He said, oh, do it through us and it will be much less expensive and the nurse also said that with the insurance we have there will be no problem. Hopefully they know what they are talking about and we dont get a surprise bill!! But this is good because I was up in the air about the genetic testing--mainly due to cost and they just went ahead and did it today, so in a week or so we should know if there is a genteic issue or a blood clotting issue. He also wants to schedule a 3-d ultrasound of my uterus and an HSG. I finally feel like someone is taking the situation more seriously--even though I do like my regular doctor and trust them..I just feel like I might get some answers now...he is willing to do more tests. The only drawback is he wants us to stop TTC until all these tests are complete (which its too late this month...oops!) but we will have to take next month off if I'm not pregnant this month. That is the hardest part...you want it so bad but you have to prevent it. Oh well, its just a month.
Me (28), DH (34), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

britt200408 responded:
I'm so happy that you found someone to take this more seriously. I hope between the blood clotting tests, genetic tests, and the scan you can get some answers! I know it is torture to have to take a break from ttc, but maybe just think of it as possibly preventing another loss. This way when you do start ttc again, you will (hopefully) know exactly what is going on and you can take measures to give your lo a better chance. I'm very excited for you to get this whole thing figured out!
Brittanie(24), DH Josh(25), DS Jacob(3). BFP 10-01-11, m/c 11-11-11

ani05 responded:
Michelle,it's great that you found a really good Dr.,I know how difficult that can be sometimes.I really hope you get some answers soon.I know it is not easy to stop ttc for a month but time goes by fast,b4 you know it you will be trying again.Hang in there.KUP.
Ani(30),DH(31),DD(6).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

teacherbeck responded:
I tried to reply yesterday but it wouldn't work...
I am so glad you have found a good doctor, and that he is being so thorough with your tests. That is such wonderful news that the genetic testing can be done and that insurance will cover it!!
I am sorry you have to stop TTC for a while. When you have waited so long, waiting is the last thing you want to do. Hopefully you will get some answers and the waiting will all be worth it!
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april '09 lost @ 20wks precious Jackson 8-06-09
TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God!

prayforamiracle responded:
I think this is a great step in the right direction. It sounds like this doctor is really going to get to the bottom of what is going on. I hope it is something minor and he will be able to get you on your way to a successful pregnancy very soon.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me(38)Dh(45)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in July 2007. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles. Currently on C#43. ...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.