Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Going to docs...i kinda think i have PCOS??
DCR2003 posted:
I have a question!!??So i just recently had a 43 day cycle and my period was SUPER light and 2.5 days long. Like not even enough to fill a tampon in 4 hours(sorry tmi)?? WHat is going on?? You would think it would be like niagara falls after that many days!!?? My stomach just doesnt feel right, its super hard and im bloated like crazy. Any suggestions? I dont have any more preggo tests, but i dont think i am since i got my "period" ...thanks!!! I think i have a feeling im not ovulating at all!!

ani05 responded:
I don't know if this will help or not?
31/2 years ago I was having really light periods and I went to see my doctor and she told me that it was a hormonal problem b/c my uterus wasn't shedding all the lining that was supposse to,that's why my periods were light and at the time she put me on birth control for 3 months to regulate my hormonal imbalance.Good Luck!
Ani(30),DH(31),DD(6).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I would prob consider testing again anyway. Some women do have some spotting/ bleeding early in pregnancy. You may have also just ovulated late which happens from time to time in some women. Could also be a hormone issue or you may have had a cyst as well.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

DCR2003 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
@Ani05 - I took a b complex about 4 months ago for 2 months and i seemed to get my periods on time, then i stopped thinking that it has fixed the problem. It kinda did but then it didnt bc i had another long cycle. I took the pill for one month back in feb, to "reset" as the doc would say, my hormones, but that didnt work as i had spotting mid cycle for 2 months after that Im a piece of work i tell ya! lol

@hgreenwood7058 - I did do a test on sunday morning and it was negative, 12 dpo, but now that i think back i didnt get a positive till 16dpo last time i was preggo and m/c'd. So AF stopped wednesday afternoon, and then i started to have more bleeding as of today at noon, not much, but enough for a lightdays. So when u say, i may have had a cyst, do they pop and u dont really know? wouldnt i have more bleeding with that? or less?

hgreenwood7058 replied to DCR2003's response:
You don't always have bleeding sometimes you do. Sometimes they rupture sometimes they disappear on their own. Also sometimes you feel pain sometimes not. If the bleeding is really light I would wait til between 16-18dpo and test and if negative then it could just be a hormonal issue. Have you used OPK's at all? Or temping? Are you used to having long cycles? Or randome ones?
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

DCR2003 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Im on the cancelation list for my doc today, but i highly doubt he will have something, otherwise im waiting till Aug 21st. Yes i use opks, i have been getting positives and also CM signs but not pregnant yet. With my long cycles i notice i gear up to ovulate, then about a week later i get another week of lots of cervical mucus, then 2 weeks from there i get a period. I dont really realize it till later bc then im thinking im preggo with the extra cervical mucus right before my period is due..i know its sounds funny but icant help but hope. I stopped tempting about 4 or 5 months ago, when i used fertility friend it said i was ovulating but i didnt get preggo. My cycles are usually like 32-34 days long, which is normal for me, but it seems like my pattern is that i go like 1 or 2 months normal then ill have a 41 or 43 day cycle..?? its weird.

hgreenwood7058 replied to DCR2003's response:
hmm interesting. I used FF too. I couldn't depend on CM because I would get it a few times throughout the cycle. i still charted it just because. The cycle I did finally get my bfp I did temp and use OPKs. And it was one time I actually felt like I o'd every other time though I never got many signs. I had a 11-12 days LP. It was actually the cycle I didn't think that I would get pregnant because we bd the week before like 3x and based on OPKs I woulda O'd on my bday and I didn't get bday bd. We only bd one time about 3-4 days or so before so I wasn't expecting anything and bam I actually got pregnant. And I was actually measuring 4 days behind my lmp but 3 days ahead of where I thought I was (then I caught up with my lmp a few weeks later). So its kind of weird. My cycles were all over the place as well. I have PCOS. My cycles were never regular. I would get a 37, 42, 47, 60, 33 cycle all over the place really but your LP is supposed to stay the same once you O. So that much i could count on when I would get my positive OPK. I ramble sorry. Maybe think about trying to temp at the same time as the OPKs so you can confirm the O. Sometimes you can gear up to O and then not. That happened to me a couple times especially after my mc. I geared up to O 3x and finally got af on CD77 after my mc. I know its hard not to get your hopes up. Hopefully you and the other ladies will get your sticky bfp soon. I was a member on this board for a while and still lurk often to see how everyone is doing. It helped me a lot during the ttc journey as well as during the first little while I was pregnant when I was too nervous to join PAL. I didn't even tell 90% of my family till I was 19w. Best wishes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am Ipsita (25). Married 4 yrs DH (30). Last year we conceived the first month we TTC in august 2010. But the pregnancy ended unexpectedly after 5...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.