Skip to content
More questions
Basteach3 posted:
Good morning ladies. I have more questions and this is the only place I feel safe enough to ask. Now my cycle is irregular since the mc one was 30 days and the next 24 I am really confused. How do you know when you O and when to BD? I use the OPK but deos that mean you are ovulating then or that you will O in 24 hours? Do you BD when you get the postive OPK or the next day? Now that they are not consistent when should we be BD'ing? I have treid using the o calculator and o calendar on web md but get two different windows so I am not sure what to do. To top it all off my mother in law will be comming to stay with us for two weeks from CD 11 to CD 23. It seems like things just never line up. I would appreicate any help or advice.
B(33),DH(37),TTC for baby no.1 since 2/2012.BFP on 06/13/2012,M/C on 06/20/2012

ani05 responded:
Opks are a little tricky b/c you could've tested in the morning and got a negative but if you would've tested in the afternoon you could've got a positive.If you do get a positive that means you'll probably ovulate in 24-36 hours. I would BD that day for sure and in the next days following the positive OPK.What works for me is knowing the ovulation signs and they are different for everyone.I have cm
2-3 days before ovulation and it lasts about a week.One day before ovulation I usually spot when I wipe(sorry tmi).Regarding BD-ing,just to be on the safe side we BD every other day starting a couple of days after AF is gone and every day during ovulation time.I didn't use any OPK when I got pregnant the last time and I got a BFP 3 months after I learned about my ovulation signs.Hopefully I didn't confuse even more.
Ani(30),DH(31),DD(6).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

czack128 replied to ani05's response:
Ok so now I have a question. I thought I knew my O signs but the more I read the more I am confused. I bought the OPK to try for this month because I used them March and it worked, but I got a positive and had no signs also the positive did not fit in the window I was getting from the calendar.

This month: I am on CD#9 and feel slight twinges of pain and feel sick all the time. I have any where between 30-32 day cycles so the test say to start testing on day 15 but I think that may be too late.

michelle063007 responded:
Heres what I do--since my cycles vary from month to month. I have had cycles anywhere from 28-40 days. So I enter the date of CD #1 on an online ovulation calculator and 28 days in my cycle then do it again for if it is a 40 day cycle. Sometimes I use 2 different ones too--web MD and whattoexpect.com have good ones. This usually gives me quite a range from 10 days to 2 weeks. Then we plan to BD every other night within that range. The doctor told us that every other night was better because that gave the swimmers a chance to replenish themselves and they can live in the uterus for up to 72 hours.

As for OPKs I have used them but they dont work well for me. I used them one of the cycles that I got pregnant and never had a positive result (and obviously I ovulated). As for O signs...sometimes I notice them and sometimes I think its all in my head. Temping is another good idea I have heard but I have never done it.

Since scheduling our BD like this, I got pregnant in 3 months then again in 2 months and then again in 5 months (unfortunately all m/c but its seems to work well to GET pregnant--if I could just figure out how to stay pregnant)

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Me (29), DH (35), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

Basteach3 replied to michelle063007's response:
This is awesome but it leads to another question. Is it an o sign when u start getting the clear mucus? I have cramps throughout the month so I really can't use that. I will check out the o calculator on the other site. Thanks you guys. You are a great resorce.
B(33),DH(37),TTC for baby no.1 since 2/2012.BFP on 06/13/2012,M/C on 06/20/2012

britt200408 responded:
I don't have any advice on how to track O because I haven't been very successful, but I wanted to give you another resource. I've been using the My Days app since the miscarriage to track my cycle and BD days on my phone. It also gives you a fertility window, so it could be yet another thing to help you narrow down your window.

I understand about nothing lining up. It looks like we will be visiting family over my most fertile days. I am not going to BD at my dad's house! ugh.
Brittanie(24), DH Josh(25), DS Jacob(3). BFP 10-01-11, m/c 11-11-11

perry147 replied to britt200408's response:
My RE said to use ClearBlue Digital ovulation tests and to test between 11-2pm everyday starting on day 10 until a positive test comes. A positive means you will O within 12-36 hours. My DH and I would BD on the day I had a positive and the next day and I got pregnant 5 times within 1-3months each time. My thoughts were even though they are a little pricey, ebay has best prices, that if I'm going to do this I might as well give it my all. Testing time is sometimes inconvenient but it's only for a few days and I really didn't have a lot of time because of my age and the fact that my DH travels quite a bit for work. I agree with Michelle that you can at least get a range. GL
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections.

czack128 replied to britt200408's response:
just downloaded the app, so we'll see if it works for me
C(33)DH(40) TTC 1, BFP 4/16/2012 MC/ECTOPIC 5/8/2012

czack128 replied to Basteach3's response:
I don't remember ever having clear mucus. Does this mean that I don't O when I don't have clear mucus?

ani05 replied to czack128's response:
I don't think so,every woman is different.I started having cm during ovulation about 3 years ago.I don't remember having cm before that and I did ovulate b/c I got pregnant with my daughter.
Ani(30),DH(31),DD(6).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

prayforamiracle replied to czack128's response:
You can definitely ovulate and not have clear CM. Sometimes we have it, but don't ever notice. Sometimes for the ones of us that have PCOS, we may notice CM and not be ovulating. Have you thought about taking your basal body temperature every morning? This would definitely keep you up to date on if and when you ovulate. It really helps me.

There are also things that they say you can do to increase your CM. Such as drinking lots of water, taking the regular Robitussin and there are some other things I can't think about off the top of my head right now. Hopefully, some of the others will add some more tips.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

czack128 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Pray I haven't tried taking my basal body temp yet. I forgot to do it on CD#1 so if I don't get a positive result then I am going to start.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Kristina. I'm 21. My wonderful DF is Travis and he is 23. We live in Omaha, NE. We suffered 2 miscarriages, one in May of 2009 at 6 weeks ...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.