Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
what to do
Basteach3 posted:
so as I said in my update cd 11. We BD last night and I started using the opk yesterday with a negative however today when I tested it was positive so I am not sure if we should BD tonight or wait until tomorrow night. Last night when we BD it was the first time in about a week (I have heard that if you don't BD for a week it usually cleans out the old and should usually be done 3-4 days before ovulation then they are fresh and healthy) However I didn't expect to o this soon so now I am not sure what to do. I know this is a lot of information but please help me. Will they be weaker now that it has only been one day? I feel so strange asking you ladies about things like this but it isn't somehting I feel comfortable enough talking to others about.
B(33),DH(37),TTC for baby no.1 since 2/2012.BFP on 06/13/2012,M/C on 06/20/2012

britt200408 responded:
I would say go ahead and BD tonight to be safe. Unless DH has low sperm count or something, I think it will be fine. If you got a positive today that means you will usually O within 12-36 hours I think, so you want to bd before that. At least that is how I understand things from the little bit I've read about opk. Good luck!
Brittanie(24), DH Josh(25), DS Jacob(3). BFP 10-01-11, m/c 11-11-11

czack128 replied to britt200408's response:
britt- I was going to say the same thing. It can't hurt to BD tonight.

Good luck Basteach!!

So if you get a positive and you don't BD until the following night, have you missed your window of opportunity?
C(33)DH(40) TTC 1, BFP 4/16/2012 MC/ECTOPIC 5/8/2012

perry147 responded:
I asked my RE about this once and he said since DH didn't have an issue the we should bed the two days that I got a positive opt. It got me preg 5 times doing it that way. My RE also said your sperm is about 90 days old by the time its ejaculated and if your sperm count is in the normal range DTD often will lower the quantity but not the quality. HTH. GL
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections.

Basteach3 replied to perry147's response:
you guys are great and full of information. We didn't BD last night as my DH had a migraine. I am hoping to BD tonight and crossing my fingers it is enough. I can't tell you how much I appreciate everything you guys have helped me with.

O vibes and baby dust to all!!! Let's hope for a great cycle and some positivies would be nice!
B(33),DH(37),TTC for baby no.1 since 2/2012.BFP on 06/13/2012,M/C on 06/20/2012

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (Cody-38) and DH have been trying for since we got married 4 years ago. Dx MFIF in 2010, did IVF Nov-10, got our BFP and then M/C around 6wk. We ar...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.