Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Update 8/27
ksay6306 posted:
Can't believe this is the last Monday update in August!!!!! Also can't believe that I am here to post and the first to start it for this week.

My update: Somewhere in the tww I believe. I haven't been doing any tracking or temping or anything so I am just going based on signs and symptoms. I think I am about half way through. Not too hopeful as I am working on accepting the fact that I will most likely never get pregnant on my own. Looks like adoption may be pushed off until the new year. I work in retail and we are about to get into our busy season. I am however looking for a new job and my DH got a long term sub job (he is a teacher) so that could pan out to something more permanent which I think I would get more serious about a new job then. Don't mean to ramble...just haven't been on in a while. Not sure what stage we are at as we are trying to get pregnant but not really TRYING if that makes any sense...

Good luck to all you lovely ladies. I hope you don't mind me stopping in to update you all and start the Monday update!
Kristin (28) DH (31) TTC since 3/08 One furbaby: Bailey a 3 year old lab 2 MC (10/31/09 at 10 weeks, 7/23/10 at 5 weeks). PCOS, slight MFIF. IUI 1 6/11-BFN IUI 2 cancelled. Best chance is IVF
FirstPrevious12NextLast

britt200408 responded:
That's great about DH's job and you possibly getting a new job! Sorry you haven't had luck getting pregnant, but adoption is a wonderful thing. I'm sure whatever you guys decide to do, you will get your happy family in the end.

My update: Should O this week. Started using the last of my cheap opk, enough to take 2 tests each day for this whole week. We've managed to bd every other day lately, so we'll keep that up and maybe even try to get in a few consecutive days just to be safe. I am really really hoping for a positive opk before Saturday, because we probably won't get a chance to bd this weekend. The calendar says Friday, so fingers crossed!
Brittanie(24), DH Josh(25), DS Jacob(3). BFP 10-01-11, m/c 11-11-11

perry147 responded:
Kristen- GL you never know, when your not really trying positive things can happen. Good news about your husband. Here in Alabama teachers have excellent health ins, my RE once asked me if I or my DH was a teacher because they pay for IVF's. I jokingly asked him if I should go back to school to get certified if I was younger, he said yes.

Triggs
My update- CD25 and since I have company coming this Thursday I decided to test and I got a hpt, from a test that expired last month, and a -hpt, from a $ store one, so I called the RE office for a blood test and it came out to be positive but very early. So I go back Wednesday to check my numbers again. My prog. numbers were very good so that was reassuring because my last m/c my prog #'s were low (below 10) now they were 29. My HCG #26. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I think this was my last chance for a drug cycle. Please wish me luck!

Have a great week everybody!
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections.

michelle063007 responded:
Happy Monday everyone!

Kristin: I hope everything works out with your job and your husband's job. Sometimes things have a way of falling into place all at once. Are you considering IVF or just looking to adoption? Good luck with whatever you choose!

Britt: Sending you O vibes...good luck I hope you find time to BD!

Perry: Sounds like good news for you!! Good luck!

My update: CD 19 for me. We BD a few times while on vacation and then every other night since day 14. Fingers crossed. I really hope this is the month because then I will not have to make a decision about the letrozole I had a dream the other night that I had a baby. Maybe its a sign?? Good luck to all this month!
Me (29), DH (35), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

Basteach3 replied to michelle063007's response:
My update cd 16and in the 2ww. Not sure but got positive on clear blue opk for 3 days so we will see. I am crossing my fingers. I go back to work next week and there are 4teachers pregnant. I don't know about you ladies but for me it is hard. I am happy for them but upset because it isn't me and I should be pregnant right now (I had the mc 2 months ago). Does that feeling go away or should I just get used to it?

Perry-that is great news. Keep us posted but positive thoughts to you.

Kay- congrats on dh's job. I am a teacher and it isn't easy. I also understand retail as that is what my husband does. Keep us posted on your 2ww. It is a long time to go not knowing anything.

Britt-sending o vibes and o sign vibes your way.

Michelle- those dreams are great. It's such a nice feeling but sad when you wake up to feeling empty?

Good luck and baby dust to all.
B(33),DH(37),TTC for baby no.1 since 2/2012.BFP on 06/13/2012,M/C on 06/20/2012

ksay6306 responded:
I would love to at least try IVF but it is just too expensive. I am also certified to teach but can't find a job.
Kristin (28) DH (31) TTC since 3/08 One furbaby: Bailey a 3 year old lab 2 MC (10/31/09 at 10 weeks, 7/23/10 at 5 weeks). PCOS, slight MFIF. IUI 1 6/11-BFN IUI 2 cancelled. Best chance is IVF

perry147 responded:
Brittanie- Sending you tons of O vibes.

Michelle- Dreams do come true, GL.

Basteach- Hope your 2ww goes by quickly with great results at the end. Hopefully AF goes on a 9 month vacation. About the feeling, it does subside when you get another positive obviously but what worked for me was keeping very busy. I took a stained glass class to help me focus on other things. HTH
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections.

ani05 responded:
Kristin: Happy to see you here.Great news for DH's new job and hopefully you'll find another job soon.
IVF is so expensive in U.S.A that's why we've decided (if we don't get pregnant again till next summer) to do IVF hopefully next summer in Europe b/c is way cheaper plus my family lives there so it's easier for me.

Britt: Hopefully you ovulate before the weekend but if you BD on friday and ovulation happens during the weekend you should be ok.

perry: That's great news,I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.KUP.

B: Hang in there,it's very hard when you see other pregnant women.I don't think that feeling ever goes away but hopefully you'll get a BFP soon.

Michelle: I really hope this is your month too.With my second pregnancy I dreamed that I got a BFP and I got one three days later so maybe that was a sign.

My update: CD# 22,in the 2ww.I have a feeling we are not going to have another baby at least not the natural way so the last couple of cycles I have been relaxed,it's really weird.I was really sick last week,I had a bad cold so we didn't BD a lot,3 times and normally I would be stressing out that maybe we lost our chance but I don't feel anything.Also,when I tested last cycle and I saw the BFN I didn't get upset at all,usually I get super sad and cry a bit.Instead I said to my self:"oh,well".
I think I am super scared that even if I get a BFP I will have another m/c and I am not sure I will be able to handle that.
I rather not get pregnant at all than have another m/c.
Sorry for the long update ladies.
Ani(30),DH(31),DD(6).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

vybe77 replied to ani05's response:
Baby dust..O vibes and O signs vibes (for you Pray)..hope everyone is well..
Perry- Congrats girl!! It is still early for it but a positive is a positive and I will be keeping you in my daily prayers..
I lurk often but am not ready to come back yet..hope you all understand..
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

czack128 responded:
Good luck and lots of baby dust ladies!

My update: I am in my 2ww which it seems like a lot of us are. CD22, so as usual I am driving myself nuts. I wish there was a way they could just look in my belly and see if anything is going on that way I would know. I have no patience!

Perry: Congrats! Sending prayers

Bas: I know how you feel. I should be preggo too. M/c in May. It is hard. I just took on a job as a nanny for a couple that my dh works with. Believe it or not that has helped me a lot. The kids keep me busy and they are so fun to be around!

Looking forward to reading a lot of positives!! Fingers crossed (toes too)
C(33)DH(40) TTC 1, BFP 4/16/2012 MC/ECTOPIC 5/8/2012

MelBrody responded:
Good luck to eveyone this month!!!
Me(28) Hubby(27) M/C due to Blighted ovum October 11.
BFP! April 2012!

hgreenwood7058 replied to MelBrody's response:
Perry keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds great so far. And a very early positive so that is awesome. Will be checking in on you to see how things are going for the next test.

Best wishes ladies.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

britt200408 responded:
So I forgot to use my opk this morning but took one just now and it is very definitely positive!! Game on.

Perry- Tons of sticky vibes sent your way!

Good luck, baby dust, O vibes to everyone else!
Brittanie(24), DH Josh(25), DS Jacob(3). BFP 10-01-11, m/c 11-11-11

ani05 replied to britt200408's response:
Great Britt! Good Luck,hopefully this is it for you and you'll get your BFP this cycle.
Ani(30),DH(31),DD(6).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

perry147 replied to ani05's response:
Ani and Czack- hope your 2ww goes quickly with great results. We definitely need some good news here.

Vybe77- Thinking of you often and I hope things are getting better and that your doing well.

Mini update- My numbers didn't go up as high as they would like. It went from 25.8 to 38 and it should be at least 41. They said they like the numbers to go up by 1.6. I do have to go back Friday for another blood test because they said since I was so early testing they would like to see if my numbers go over 100. What confuses me is they keep saying I tested really very early so that's probably why my numbers are still low. My questions are 1. I did the HCG shot on CD 12 and I was to test no earlier than 10 days later but test 2 wks later CD 26. Well I tested on CD 25, is that too early? Question 2. My normal cycles are 27-28 days 98% of the time so now when I went back for blood test #2 and my number was only 38 has anybody been in this situation or know anybody that had positive results? Thanks for any info.
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections. BFP 8/27/12

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Kristin (28) and my DH is Rich (31). We live outside of Philly and moved into our first home in November of 2008. We began our journey of TTC ...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.