Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Positive Pregnacy Test 5 weeks after Miscarriage
CaptivatingOne posted:
I initially found out that I was pregnant around July 19, 2012 by taking a home pregnancy test. The first day of my last period was June 22, 2012. On July 26, 2012 I began to experience symptoms of a miscarriage (bleeding & cramping). I immediately rushed to the emergency. The doctor informed me that I was threatening a miscarriage and wanted me to return in 2 days to check my HCG levels. At that times I was 4 weeks 5 days pregnant (93 HCG level). I returned to the hospital on July 28, 2012 and was told that I had miscarried and my HCG level dropped to 23. I have not had a period yet. I actually have still been experiencing pregnancy symptoms (breast tenderness, breast soreness, weight gain, increase in bra size, nausea, food cravings). I took a home pregnancy test approximately a week after my miscarriage b/c I suspected that I was misdiagnosed. It was negative. I decided to take a home pregnancy test on August 26, 2012 and it was positive. I took another one this morning, August 27, 2012 and it was positive. I definitely feel pregnant. This is not my first pregnancy. I have a 6 year daughter and I remember the feeling of pregnancy very well. I am really hoping that I am being her a baby brother or sister into the world. Does anyone think that this is a new pregnancy or is it the pregnancy that I thought was a miscarriage???? Please help! Advice needed!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

perry147 responded:
I would say its a new preg because your numbers went down the first time. I have heard people mention that you can be extra fertile just after a m/c. I would just call the Dr for a blood test, it would drive me crazy not knowing for sure. GL Keep us posted.
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections.

czack128 responded:
Ok so I know this may sound weird, but I knew someone who found out she was pregnant, then had the whole m/c thing with the bleeding and cramping but had positive preg tests. the doctors finally concluded that she was preggo with twins and one didn't make it. I don't know if this helps
C(33)DH(40) TTC 1, BFP 4/16/2012 MC/ECTOPIC 5/8/2012

CaptivatingOne replied to perry147's response:
Thanks a lot. I'm going to see my doctor this Thursday!

CaptivatingOne replied to czack128's response:
Oh wow! I just read about that online yesterday. I will definitely have to ask my doctor about that. I do believe that it's possible b/c I never stopped experiencing pregnancy symptoms and we do have twins and triplets in my family-just not in my generation.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Sounds like a new pregnancy, I would call the doctor and get your hcg levels checked.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

CaptivatingOne replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Thanks!

BethAnn88 replied to CaptivatingOne's response:
Lurking...

The exact same thing happened to me last year. My numbers dropped just like that and I had lots of bleeding. There was no doubt I'd had a m/c. But exactly a month later, I got another positive pregnancy test. Apparently you're very fertile after a m/c. My son was born perfectly healthy this past spring. Hope you get good news from the doc.
Beth Ann(30), DH(32). TTC since 1/09. Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks). Dx'd w/ endo 12/10. 1 failed IUI 4/11. Surprise BFP 7/22/11. DS born 3/30/12

CaptivatingOne replied to BethAnn88's response:
Thanks a lot! I went to the doctor's office today. Just waiting on my HCG results to come back from the lab.

CaptivatingOne replied to czack128's response:
Just giving you an update. Had blood drawn this past Wednesday to have HCG levels checked and my HCG level was 1059. I had to go back this Friday to get them checked again but haven't got the results yet. Looks like it's a new pregnancy.

CaptivatingOne replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Just giving you an update. Had blood drawn this past Wednesday to have HCG levels checked and my HCG level was 1059. I had to go back this Friday to get them checked again but haven't got the results yet. Looks like it's a new pregnancy.

CaptivatingOne replied to BethAnn88's response:

Basteach3 replied to CaptivatingOne's response:
Congratulations. Thought are with you that numbers keep going up!
B(33),DH(37),TTC for baby no.1 since 2/2012.BFP on 06/13/2012,M/C on 06/20/2012

hgreenwood7058 replied to CaptivatingOne's response:
thats good numbers. Hope they continue to go up. Best wishes
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

CaptivatingOne replied to Basteach3's response:
Thank you so much. My numbers did go up & I had an ultrasound this past Thursday. The baby has a healthy heart beat and I'm due on April 30th

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jennifer. I was 16 weeks pregnant when I had my miscarriage Thanksgiving weekend in 2007. I had 2 d/c afterwards because of complications a...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful