Skip to content
Positive Pregnacy Test 5 weeks after Miscarriage
CaptivatingOne posted:
I initially found out that I was pregnant around July 19, 2012 by taking a home pregnancy test. The first day of my last period was June 22, 2012. On July 26, 2012 I began to experience symptoms of a miscarriage (bleeding & cramping). I immediately rushed to the emergency. The doctor informed me that I was threatening a miscarriage and wanted me to return in 2 days to check my HCG levels. At that times I was 4 weeks 5 days pregnant (93 HCG level). I returned to the hospital on July 28, 2012 and was told that I had miscarried and my HCG level dropped to 23. I have not had a period yet. I actually have still been experiencing pregnancy symptoms (breast tenderness, breast soreness, weight gain, increase in bra size, nausea, food cravings). I took a home pregnancy test approximately a week after my miscarriage b/c I suspected that I was misdiagnosed. It was negative. I decided to take a home pregnancy test on August 26, 2012 and it was positive. I took another one this morning, August 27, 2012 and it was positive. I definitely feel pregnant. This is not my first pregnancy. I have a 6 year daughter and I remember the feeling of pregnancy very well. I am really hoping that I am being her a baby brother or sister into the world. Does anyone think that this is a new pregnancy or is it the pregnancy that I thought was a miscarriage???? Please help! Advice needed!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

perry147 responded:
I would say its a new preg because your numbers went down the first time. I have heard people mention that you can be extra fertile just after a m/c. I would just call the Dr for a blood test, it would drive me crazy not knowing for sure. GL Keep us posted.
Me 43 DH 41 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections.

czack128 responded:
Ok so I know this may sound weird, but I knew someone who found out she was pregnant, then had the whole m/c thing with the bleeding and cramping but had positive preg tests. the doctors finally concluded that she was preggo with twins and one didn't make it. I don't know if this helps
C(33)DH(40) TTC 1, BFP 4/16/2012 MC/ECTOPIC 5/8/2012

CaptivatingOne replied to perry147's response:
Thanks a lot. I'm going to see my doctor this Thursday!

CaptivatingOne replied to czack128's response:
Oh wow! I just read about that online yesterday. I will definitely have to ask my doctor about that. I do believe that it's possible b/c I never stopped experiencing pregnancy symptoms and we do have twins and triplets in my family-just not in my generation.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Sounds like a new pregnancy, I would call the doctor and get your hcg levels checked.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

CaptivatingOne replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Thanks!

bethann88 replied to CaptivatingOne's response:
Lurking...

The exact same thing happened to me last year. My numbers dropped just like that and I had lots of bleeding. There was no doubt I'd had a m/c. But exactly a month later, I got another positive pregnancy test. Apparently you're very fertile after a m/c. My son was born perfectly healthy this past spring. Hope you get good news from the doc.
Beth Ann(30), DH(32). TTC since 1/09. Two angel babies, 5/11/09 (10wks), 6/28/11 (5wks). Dx'd w/ endo 12/10. 1 failed IUI 4/11. Surprise BFP 7/22/11. DS born 3/30/12

CaptivatingOne replied to bethann88's response:
Thanks a lot! I went to the doctor's office today. Just waiting on my HCG results to come back from the lab.

CaptivatingOne replied to czack128's response:
Just giving you an update. Had blood drawn this past Wednesday to have HCG levels checked and my HCG level was 1059. I had to go back this Friday to get them checked again but haven't got the results yet. Looks like it's a new pregnancy.

CaptivatingOne replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Just giving you an update. Had blood drawn this past Wednesday to have HCG levels checked and my HCG level was 1059. I had to go back this Friday to get them checked again but haven't got the results yet. Looks like it's a new pregnancy.

CaptivatingOne replied to bethann88's response:

Basteach3 replied to CaptivatingOne's response:
Congratulations. Thought are with you that numbers keep going up!
B(33),DH(37),TTC for baby no.1 since 2/2012.BFP on 06/13/2012,M/C on 06/20/2012

hgreenwood7058 replied to CaptivatingOne's response:
thats good numbers. Hope they continue to go up. Best wishes
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

CaptivatingOne replied to Basteach3's response:
Thank you so much. My numbers did go up & I had an ultrasound this past Thursday. The baby has a healthy heart beat and I'm due on April 30th

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Anna (26). My husband (28) met in December of 2007 and married in May 2010. He has a daughter from a previous marriage, but we wanted to add t...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.