Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Update 9/17
ksay6306 posted:
Halfway through September...where has this year gone?

My update: CD 12. I decided to try Clomid this cycle...not dr orders but I found my last round of 25mg each in my medicine cabinet and decided to give it a try. On the adoption front we are hoping to get into the home study courses in November. The organization we are going with has the 2 day courses every other month and we weren't able to make the September ones so hopefully the November ones will work for us. A very good friend of mine just got a newborn that will be foster to adopt.
Kristin (28) DH (31) TTC since 3/08 One furbaby: Bailey a 3 year old lab 2 MC (10/31/09 at 10 weeks, 7/23/10 at 5 weeks). PCOS, slight MFIF. IUI 1 6/11-BFN IUI 2 cancelled. Best chance is IVF

ani05 responded:
Good Morning Ladies! Hopefully you had a nice weekend.

Kristin: Good Luck this month,maybe clomid helps a lot and you'll get a BFP. Hopefully you'll get into the home study courses in november.Wish you the best.

My update: CD# 17,I ovulated yesterday and we have been BD-ing regularly so now will wait and see.
I finally lost my last 5 lbs,I am super happy about that.It took a lot of work b/c I don't have a very fast metabolism but I made it.
Ani(30),DH(31),DD(6).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

michelle063007 responded:
Hi everyone
Sorry I havent been around in a couple weeks. Its been very stressful at work--the kids just started back so we have a whole new batch of brand new preschoolers who do not how to be at school (sit for circle time, clean up their own messes etc.) plus the beginning of the year has a lot of paperwork to complete.

I have also had a lot on my mind...about two weeks ago I found a lump in my breast and totally freaked out. I started thinking the worst and that this could be the reason for all the m/c but finally had the breast ultrasound today and they said everything looks fine. They would have done a mammogram as well if we were not actively trying to get pregnant (although there is no chance I'm pregnant right now)--so that makes me wonder a little bit still but the doctors said everything was fine so I'm feeling very relieved.

That update was a good one but right before that appt. i had an appt with the RE for an u/s to see if there were any mature follicles after taking the letrozole. He said there were some small ones but not mature so we might be cancelling this month Its possible that it is too early (its only CD #12) so they did an estrogen test and if that comes back high enough, they will check with the u/s again later in the week and then possibly give the trigger shot. Thats what I'm hoping for but DH said after the good news of today he does not care about anything else. i will be dissapointed if there are no good follicles this month because we have spent a good deal of money on the medications and u/s etc since none if this is covered by insurance.

Krisitn--hopefully the clomid will work for you!! If not, good luck with the home study meetings. We have a friend who adopted a newborn right out of the hospital and she just turned 3 yesterday

Ani--congrats on the weight loss. I keep trying but the scale does not seem to budge! I hope you get your BFP this month!
Me (29), DH (35), TTC since 7/10, BFP 6/5/11, m/c 6/25/11, BFP 8/27/11, m/c 9/8/11, BFP 2/7/12, m/c 3/30/12

perry147 responded:
Kristin- Hope the clomid works for you and GL with the home study.

Ani- Congratulations on the 5 lb weight loss and hopefully this is your month.

Michelle- Sorry about your breast scare. I worry about that too because my mother had breast cancer twice as well as 2 of her sisters. About the meds I had that problem too. My follies were too small or not a lot of them. This last cycle was my best drug cycle my estrogen was its highest of all 4 med cycles, but it was also my longest time on meds (8 days of shots before the trigger shot). Don't give up hope yet it's funny how just a day or two can make a difference.

My update- Still waiting!!! trying not to think about it. Hoping for good news on Wednesday.
Just curious about anybody who wants to give their opinion.... My CD1 was 8/3/12 on CD12 in the pm did the hcg shot (would O 12-36 hrs after shot) On 8/27/12 tested got a hpt on CD25 (hcg#25. on CD27 (hcg#38) on CD29 (hcg#44) on CD34 (hcg#525). My normal cycle is 28 days. Went for u/s on 9/12/12 CD41 go for next u/s 9/19/12 CD48. My RE wanted to do another u/s @ 7 wks just to make sure it's not a blighted ovum (sp?). My question is isn't 9/21/12 my 7th week? He made the comment that by Wed 9/19 that I would be 7W1D???? Only after I got home did I have a chance to look at the calender so now I'm totally confused, by the way my RE went on vacation so I have to wait until he comes back for my next appt. Any thoughts? (Sorry it's so long.)

Have a great week!!!!
Me 43 DH 42 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks d/c 9/09 diagnosed w/ 2 mutations of MTHFR. TTC 2 m/c3 9/11. Moved up to clomid 100 m/c4 2/2012. Moved on to injections. BFP 8/27/12

britt200408 responded:
Kristin - I hope the clomid works and good luck on the adoption front. I hope you get into the home study courses soon!

Ani - Great job on the weight loss! I managed to lose 5 of the 15 I wanted to lose this summer, but I haven't been very good about it. Just improving our diet and trying to be more active. Healthy bodies help make healthy babies! Good luck in your 2ww.

Michelle - Wow it does sound like you've been busy and had plenty of stress lately. Sorry your RE appointment didn't go as you hoped, maybe you'll still get good news this month!

Perry - I bet he is measuring from your ovulation instead of the first day of your last period. I got the same day for 7 weeks (5 weeks from ovulation/conception) when I went from that (9/19), but counting from CD1 I got 7 weeks on 9/21. I wouldn't worry too much about it since it's only a few days difference, but it's more accurate to go from ovulation/conception if you are sure of the date. Since you did the shot, I bet your doctor is going from that since you all know when ovulation was. I hope that helps and wasn't too confusing. lol

My update - My first appointment is Oct 11, at 8 weeks like normal. I don't have any health issues so I think they are just assuming the m/c was a fluke and odds are everything will be fine this time, so no reason for early testing. Hoping for a good appointment and just trying to be patient over the next 3 weeks. I'll hang around here until after my first u/s before moving to pal if that's ok. I'll probably mostly be lurking.

Good luck ladies!
Brittanie(24), DH Josh(25), DS Jacob(3). BFP 10-01-11, m/c 11-11-11. BFP 9-14-12!

jhetsmom replied to perry147's response:
I got my BFP @ 13 DPO. I went in same day and got blood and u/s. HCG was 224, u/s was inconclusive, no sac or signs of pregnancy. 15 dpo hcg was 554 and u/s still inconclusive. 1 week follow up 22 dpo no blood draw but u/s showed gs in uterus measuring 5 weeks 1 day. 1 week follow up 6 1 showed larger gs with yolk sac but no fetal pole. 1 week follow up 7 1 showed gs, ys, fp no cardiac activity. Brown spotting started 7 2, u/s showed poss subchorionic hematoma. 7 3 u/s showed small subchorionic hematoma and fetal heart beat. Placed on pelvic rest with no lifting and at my follow up at 8 3, no active spotting with hematoma still present and baby with crl perfect for 8w3d. I am now 11w3d. Tomorrow I go in for my last 1st tri pn and they are doing an u/s to check the hematoma and baby. The first few weeks were really hard because they honestly can't give you definitive results. I hope that you find peace and just know that at this stage there is honestly nothing you can do besides stay positive and leave it up to your body to do what it needs to for growing that life.
HCG is always slow rising the first 2 weeks after conception because of the placenta developing. Once the placenta is established, the hcg rises at a regular rate but the rate is different for every pregnancy. We didn't see the hb until 7w3d with this pregnancy.

ani05 responded:
Michelle: I am so glad that the u/s showed that you are fine and I really hope you can go ahead with the medicated cycle.So sorry that you had that scare though.

perry: I have read stories of hcg not quite doubling and the pregnancies have been fine.Those women have carried full term,so you never know.I am keeping you in my prayers.I have a good feeling about this.Dr and nurses try to scare us,I don't know why.When DD was born premature they told me that she won't develop like other children and guess what,they were so wrong.She keeps scoring better than all the other kids in her class.Don't let them get you down.

Britt:So happy you are doing well.KUP with your updates.
Ani(30),DH(31),DD(6).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

prayforamiracle responded:
Kristin-You know with all my heart I would love to see you get a BFP. We have been at this so long, and you are so deserving of this. Please keep us up to date with the adoption process. DH is interested in this as well, but I'm not ready to think about it. Good luck this cycle!

Ani-Sending you lots of good luck vibes!!! Congrats on the weight loss! Who knows, maybe the extra five pounds lost will increase your chances.

Michelle-Sorry for your health scare. With all the cancer stories you hear about it, you should always get things checked out. I'm so glad everything turned out okay. Hoping your follicles will just the size they need to be and you can proceed with this cycle. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Perry-I'm praying for you and hoping for the best. Sending lots of hugs, I know this is so hard right now.

Britt-I don't think I have congratulated you yet. A big congratulations coming your way! Wishing you a healthy and happy nine months.

Jhetsmon-Hoping all continues to go well for you. Good luck!

My update: Dealing with AF-Cycle Day # 5. I think I may have been wrong on my ovulation dates, because either that or my luteal phase was too short. Good news, the worst of af will be over and I can enjoy our little get-a-way. Bad news, if I ovulated when it matches up with my luteal phase(time between ovulation and af) we had excellent timing. That is depressing, because it would be another failed cycle instead of missing ovulation which is what I thought happened.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

Spotlight: Member Stories

Discovered we were expecting shortly after my birthday. What a pleasant surprise. This was the first time ever, we were sooo excited! We almost made t...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 25 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.