Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS, Metformin and Accupuncture?
DCR2003 posted:
Hi all, Its been a while since being on, i took a litle break. Has anyone done Accupuncture to treat their PCOS? I am going today and i wouldnt mind if anyone would share their experience with it? Thanks

perry147 responded:
I don't have PCOS but I do believe in acupuncture. After 2 m/c I started going and got preg in 2 mo with my son and now ttc 2 after no luck I went back to acupuncture and got preg again right away even thought this one ended in a blighted ovum I do feel it works and I'll be going back again when I able to try again. Acupuncture has helped my mom after her stroke and she had a complete recovery, my brother has a ski accident and they wanted to cut open his knee and he tried acupuncture first and it worked. It's also just very relaxing. I also notice after every treatment I feel relaxed energized and I sleep great. If I could afford to go weekly I would. GL let us know how it went.
Me 43 DH 42 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks D

DCR2003 replied to perry147's response:
Thanks! Gives me a little hope My appt went great. The accupuncture lady doesnt believe i have PCOS bc i dont have the classic symptoms of the disorder. The only thing i have is basically cysts, and they could have showed up for whatever reason. But it realyl helped me get out how i was feelign as she asked lots of questions and was SOOOO helpful. She said i need an action plan and need ot see my doc and tell him how i feel about him diagnosing me with PCOS and wanting an update ultrasound in Jan, just so i can ease my mind. I def feel better and i slept great last night as well.

prayforamiracle responded:
I have not tried acupuncture, but I'm very interested in it. I know it can be expensive If you decide to do it, please let me know what you think.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a wonderful 2 year old boy who loves to drive his momma crazy. I also have an 11 year old step daughter and 13 year old step son. 4 angels in h...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful