Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How likely to miscarry twice in a row?
BrittanyArgueta posted:
I recently lost my first at 7w and we started ttc right away. Last week i took a test and it was positive, i am just a little nervous and i was wondering if anyone knew how likely it is to miscarry twice in a row? We want to be excited but we also don't want to get our hope up either. Any suggestions?

vybe77 responded:
Hi Brittany and welcome to the board..first off I wanted to say how sorry I am about your loss ((hugs))..it is never an easy thing to go through..you have come to the right place because we here have all been through one (or more) loss(es) so you will find great support here and always a good ear to talk to (or write to) lol..
Secondly congrats on the new pregnancy and hopefully you will have a healthy 9 months ahead of you w/o problems..
As for your question about m/c more than once in a row it is unfortunately very possible as you will see from the stories these wonderful ladies will tell you..
For now here is mine..
I found out I was pregnant July 2011 (it was a surprise pregnancy) and we were so happy but only 1 week later I m/c at 6 weeks..this made us realize that we indeed did want another BB so we started TTC using O strips and doing the tracking of cycles and we eventually conceived again in Jan. 2012..when I found out about this pregnancy in Feb. I was worried (obviously) but thought it wasn't possible since I had already been through this..but unfortunately only a few weeks after confirming the pregnancy I started to spot again and m/c at 8 weeks..
Now I find myself pregnant again (again a surprise pregnancy) and I am 6 weeks along today and of course I am very nervous but am trying to stay positive and hopeful..
Sometimes these things happen and sometimes there isn't even a reason or explanation for it..
I hope that for you this will not be the case and that you will go on to have a happy and healthy 9 months..
((hugs)) and welcome again and keep us posted
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

BrittanyArgueta replied to vybe77's response:
I think i am 6 weeks as well but im not quite sure. we are waiting until 9 weeks before going to the OB. I hope we both have happy healthy babies
I am probably just as nervous as you are. We should keep each other informed on our progress.
I am sorry about your losses , but everyone keeps telling me that trying right after a miscarriage helps you cope a bit more. So now we have our fingers crossed in hopes of a baby soon!

vybe77 replied to BrittanyArgueta's response:
To figure out how far along you are you need to know the 1st day of your last menstrual period (LMP) that is the starting point that Dr's start from..my LMP was Sept. 10th which gives me an estimated due date (EDD) of June 17th 2013..
I would also love to keep you up to date on what's going on with me as well as what's going on with you..if you come back here to this board every Mon. we do Mon. updates..although I must caution you that this board is for the ladies that are trying to conceive after loss (TTCAL) and there is another board for women who are newly pregnant after loss (PAL)..you are welcome to update here but we ask that you write (TRIGGS) prior to any update concerning the pregnancy because these can be touchy subjects for those who are not pregnant yet..
Mom of 4 hopes to have 1 more

hgreenwood7058 responded:
first off congrats.It isn't overly likely unless you have something else going on such as progesterone issues or cervical issues to m/c a second time. For most healthy women they can have a healthy pregnancy the very next pregnancy after miscarriage. Did you have a cycle after you m/c?
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

BrittanyArgueta replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
No i did not have a cycle after my last m/c. I know it isn't left over pregnancy hormone because i went to the doctor for another blood test and my level was almost zero. Should i have waited? My doctor said that they want a women to wait so that they can date you. But i have been wanting children and i was crushed that i lost my first baby.
Also I did not know that there were so many boards, so hopefully no one is too upset at me. It is my first time on here and it seems that no one around me understands what i am going through. I also did not find out that i was expecting until last week. I will check out the other board as well. I just did not know that there were so many places for emotional support.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Allison (30) DH (32) / TTC#1 since 2005 / one angel 2.8.10 / https://allisons-adventure.blogspot.com

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.