Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Month 2 of Metformin, feels like its not working!!??
DCR2003 posted:
I am on month 2 of metformin now. Iam on fertility friend and have been charting my temps. Its saying im not fertile with the temps ive been having. I am currently on day 19 of my cycle. This cycle of met, since day 12 i started getting the cysts pains again and the bloating. I am currently bloated still and having the heavyness feeling, tighness, and sore low back. I dont get it, isnt met suppposed to help the cysts?? I had one month of pain free and no symptoms. I am really not sure if i should continue the met..its obviously not working anymore?? All the months since my m/c in dec2011, ive had really good fertile cervical mucus, this is the first month that ive had barely any fertile cervical mucus, feels like im going backwards??? Any thoughts would be great!!

Read More: http://www.babycenter.ca/thread/133797/pcos-and-on-first-month-of-metformin#ixzz2AjYMtqxI

prayforamiracle responded:
I have taken Met for several years now, I don't think it really helps with cysts. I'm not insulin resistant, but take it because it is supposed to reduce the risk of miscarriage in PCOS patients and they thought it might regulate my cycles. It hasn't really helped me to have regular cycles either. I have so many times wanted to quit taking it, but I'm afraid if I ever became pregnant I might need it. I don't have much cm anymore either, and I have never thought about why other than getting older. Wonder if it could be the met?
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

DCR2003 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Last month like stated above i was fine for CM, but this month is very sparce. You would think that because its regulating our cycles and hormones that we would get more or the same amount of fertile CM? Oh the mysteries...its never easy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me(38)Dh(45)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in July 2007. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles. Currently on C#43. ...More

Helpful Tips

Peeing on Dandelion leaves to determine PG... Seriously.. read this :)
[blockquote> [blockquote> [blockquote> Found this online at http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html I read ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.