Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BBT Question..?? On Metformin..
DCR2003 posted:
So i have been charting my temperature all month and the last 6 days ive had 97.7 97.7 97.6, 97.6 97.6 then it dipped down to 97.4 and this morning i took my temperature about an hour earlier and it was 97.9 then i took my temp at the regular time i always do and it was 97.7. Which one should i go by? and do you think that i ovulated with just a .3 degree of a difference? I know i should wait another couple days to see if i continue to have high temps but just curious as to which one i should write down, the 97.7 or 97.9 and why it would be that much of a difference in an hour. I have tried that method before randomly and its always been the same temp. THanks. (Hope this makes sense, lol) Here is my chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/400f08

Read More: http://www.babycenter.ca/thread/144701/bbt-question#ixzz2AzYob4i6
FirstPrevious12NextLast

prayforamiracle responded:
I would probably go with the 97.7 temp. Sometimes things like moving around alot before temping or sleeping with your mouth open can alter temps. I'm not sure if you ovulated, possibly not though. Everyone one is different, I usually have a bigger rise than that. The only way to be sure is to keep temping. Good luck!
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I would go with the 97.9 (the first reading). You always want to go with the temp when you very first wake up not if you wake up and then go back to sleep and then take it again. Anything that you do between waking up and taking your temp can alter the reading. So far based off your temps I don't think you have ovulated yet. Keep tracking your temps. I had a few dips like that but when I O'd there was a definite rise. The other option would be to set that days worth of temps as no good (can't think of the name of it but basically it would not count it so that way you could get proper readings for here on out) Good luck and best wishes.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

DCR2003 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
If i go with 97.9 temp, i have a definite rise in temp but then it foes way back down as of today. SO im not really sure, im confused, lol. Ive read that 2dpo you get a temp dip and then it goes back up again. SO im hoping that tomorrows temp with show that.

DCR2003 replied to DCR2003's response:
So now im kinda obsessing about this, lol. Last month i had a confirmed ovulation and i didnt get a BFP, and now it doesnt look like im ovulating this month. Thats the whole reason i didnt want to temp is bc then i get all obsessed and upset that i didnt ovulate ugh. I dont knwo what to do and of course i have to go to a BABY SHOWER tonight in this kind of mood..booooo

l8dsheena replied to DCR2003's response:
I'm sorry you're having difficulties...have you tried OPTs? for me they're a little more acurate than charting my temp.
Mother of 3 sons and one angel baby. Praying for another miracle!

DCR2003 replied to l8dsheena's response:
I do have PCOS so OPTs dont work. Thats what i was using since my m/c last year and i did get positives but at weird times and they werent very reliable. So i gave up on them and decided that i wouldnt use them anymore and i would try temping. Weird tho, tonight ive been getting EWCM, so ill def be jumping the hubby, LOL just in case. I hope so. *fingers crossed.* Im on CD 24, ya just never know!!

l8dsheena replied to DCR2003's response:
Good luck!!
Mother of 3 sons and one angel baby. Praying for another miracle!

DCR2003 replied to l8dsheena's response:
YAY, it shows i ovulated on CD 24! Hope we Bd'd enough which it shows we were "good" lol. Do you guys think ovulating on CD 24 is too late?? I find it kind of late, im already a late O'er usually 18-21 but this was a few days later. Do you think this will effect my LP? I hope i get a sticky one!! ))

DCR2003 replied to DCR2003's response:
Why do i google stuff!! Ugh, i just read that ovulating late isnt that good bc the egg quality isnt as good ...i know im obviously not preggo yet but if i do im concerned now?? Gotta stop googling!! Anyone have late ovulation and then go on to have a healthy DD or DS?? Thx!

teacherbeck replied to DCR2003's response:
YES... and yes stop googling! I got a positive opt on cd 21 or 22 which meant I O'd probably on 22-23... well while in the tww my SIL mentions the same thing you said above ^^ and I cried b/c then I thought GREAT thats all I need. But, I did get a bfp and had a great pregnancy and have a healthy, beautiful, SMART, spunky almost 2 year old. I know when ttc its *so hard* not to google everything but sometimes when they say "increased risk" the increase could be 1% or something so small... Good luck this cycle and try not to worry!!
Becky(31) DH(38); 1 furbaby: Clark Kent

TRIGGS: After 1yr TTC bfp april'09 lost @20wks precious ^Jackson 8-06-09^ TTCAL grad, sweet Juliet born 12-10-10 Praise God! Baby 3 BFP May 2012 due Jan 2013

DCR2003 replied to teacherbeck's response:
WOW good to know. I just need that extra reassurance!! I usually O on day 21 so im sure 3 days isnt going to be much of a difference in reality. Thanks so much for the positive. I can sure relax now ahhhh let the body work and hopefully i can get my BFP long awaited. My 1 yr mark since my D&C surgery is coming up soon so im hoping that i can get a BFP before then!!! *fingers crossed*

hgreenwood7058 replied to DCR2003's response:
stop googling! ahh lol. I ovulated late everytime I ovulated lol. When I got pregnant with my now 7 mo DS I was one week past the typical ovulation or average I should say because most people don't ovulate at exactly 14 days. I think it was CD 22 I O'd but I had ovulated as late as CD27, 32 etc...Good luck
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

ani05 replied to DCR2003's response:
This is a late answer and the ladies gave you great advice.
I asked that same question to my family doctor and my obgyn b/c I have long cycles so I ovulate late. Like you I read that if you ovulate late the quality of the eggs is not good so I was worried.Both of my doctors told me no,there is no proof that ovulating later means bad egg quality.That made me feel a lot better. Good Luck to you!
Ani(31),DH(31),DD(6),Furbaby(3).TTC for baby no.2 since 05/2009.BFP on 03/02/2011,M/C on 03/11/2011.BFP on 04/12/2012,M/C on 05/02/2012.

DCR2003 replied to ani05's response:
@Ani05 -Awesome thanks soo much!! Definetly makes me feel better hearing it over and over, hahaha.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/400f08
Just was wondering if you guys think i MIGHT have a implantation dip on my chart? Also , do you think my temps look good? Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have two sons, ages 12 and 3. After those (mostly) normal pregnancies, I was shocked to miscarry at 8 weeks. When I got pregnant again, 18 months la...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.