Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
figured out the problem:-(
l8dsheena posted:
I just got a phone call from my husband's doctor...and they told me he has low sperm count. I feel pretty helpless right now. I know there are surgeries of medications that can help with that sort of thing, but if nothing helps AI or IVF are not options for us as they are against our religion. this just sucks so much....
Mother of 3 sons and one angel baby. Praying for another miracle!

perry147 responded:
Sorry about the bad news but at least you have an answer. But don't give up hope it is still possible, it only takes one quick swimmer.
What about acupuncture or other organic options? They do say for men when trying to conceive that they should wear boxers avoid cigarettes and alcohol, also not put their cell phone in their pocket or have a lap top computer on their lap. These are just a few suggestions but if I were you I would investigate alternatives. There are also pills in the health food store that might help. Even some foods help increase sperm count. GL and KUP
Me 43 DH 42 DS 9/10/10 2m/c @ 8wks 4/09 and 11 wks D

l8dsheena replied to perry147's response:
we've been excersizing, and taking lots of those vitamins (and more). He doesnt have a cell phone and doesnt have a laptop. He's been referred to a urologist, so we'll have to see what he says before we make any decisions on weather or not we even want to keep trying.

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm sorry that your husband just received this news. Do you actually have the number of the count? Sometimes they say it is low, when it isn't as bad as you think. My husband has been through several sperm analysis. He has low motility and morphology issues. It is very discouraging and there isn't a lot of options out there for those problems. I know there is a lot of info that says certain kinds of vitamins can help and avoid certain things such as hot baths, tight undies, hot tubs, nicotine, laptops in the lap.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)Dh(44)TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in miscarriage in 7/07. Dealing with MFI. Anovulatory and irregular cycles due to PCOS. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

l8dsheena replied to prayforamiracle's response:
we haven't got the actual count yet...just a phone call of the results. He started taking 3 times more l-carnitine than he has been, and also started taking maca root. a side effect we've found for the maca root is increased libido (for men and women), which isn't really a bad thing. yay for the little positive things, right?

l8dsheena responded:
I finally got him to tell me his count, and it's ~5,000 with motility and morphology issues. I haven't done much research, but I know that's very, very low, and probably why there's 4 years between pregnancies for us.
I don't think he gets how devistating this is for me, it doesn't seem to bother him all that much. I wish I knew what to say to him, because I know it bothers him deep down.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amanda (27) and Dh (31) have been ttc since we met 08/08. We had a m/c 2/11/09, and I had another from past relationship in 5/05. Hoping and praying t...More

Helpful Tips

Get our Smiley's Back!
I have noticed that you can get some of the smiley's to work... they don't when viewing the whole board, but when you click on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.