Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Male factor??
DCR2003 posted:
So i just am REALLY curious, last year at this time i was pregnant within a month but unfortunetly i miscarried and had a D&C. Its been over a year now, got diagnosed in August with PCOS, even tho the only symptom i have is Cysts, Just was wondering, if things can change with the guy?? I just dont get why we havent been able to concieve even with me ovulating and on metformin..?? It doesnt make sense. I thought that the only way things can change with the guy is if he has had trauma, which has not happened ....im really confused?? Any insight would be good. We have a FS appoint in January but it jsut seems like we arent getting anywhere with me ovulating and on met..thanks

Read more: http://www.babycenter.ca/thread/154587/male-factor#ixzz2Cbw4q0b0

l8dsheena responded:
maybe you just got lucky the first time and he's always had these issues? but things could change with the man after awhile...9 years ago my husband and i had 2 boys 14 months apart with pretty much no trying. but after our 2nd was born there were 4 years between pregnancies. He has low sperm count now, but obviously didnt back then.
Hopefully he can get tested to rule out anything on his part. I wish you luck!
Mother of 3 sons and one angel baby. Praying for another miracle!

DCR2003 replied to l8dsheena's response:
Ya that could be. Thats interesting about your hubby, you just never know right?! I am thinking about gettin him to try maca root just while we wait for our FS appt. Ive heard some good things about it.

l8dsheena replied to DCR2003's response:
We both just started taking maca a few weeks ago. Even if it doesnt do anything to boost fertility, it definitely boosts your libido....for both men and women

hgreenwood7058 replied to l8dsheena's response:
where do you get it?
Heather(24),DH Lee(25)PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11. EDD 4/17/12. PAL Baby Carson Lee born 3/31/12

l8dsheena replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
vitacost.com has in in capsule form as well as powder...apparently people put it in granola bars and energy shakes for more stamina. its fairly cheap there.

Spotlight: Member Stories

TTC!! Before I got preg so easy. Now my cycle is unregular. Happy & healthy 3year old should be keeping me plenty busy but I want another one soo...More

Helpful Tips

Reading posts in a similar manner as our old boards
I see many of you are upset with how to read the boards. We thought of that and put a link over there <========= that says " See All ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.